Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey i have used photoshop to create a .tga fiel. i have followed the videos in FPSC segment kit and have placed the .tga file in it\\\\\\\'s correct folder, however when i try open the browser the .tga file is not there? hoping someone can shed some light on this issue as i really want to load this texture onto my mesh. any help welcome thanks.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to press F1 key when the segment browser opens,this opens the paths to fpsc folders,I cant remember where the default paths are going,maybe the segment creators own folders.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 21:16
If I remember correctly both the model and the texture (.tga in this case) need to be in the entitybank\user folder.
You can also use other image formats (.bmp,.jpg and .dds).
Just remember to sepcify the proper name when picking the texture...such as red.jpg or purple.tga.

Man Hunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 21:22
I think the prob here is what i have. I have to use the same default names that are in the texturebank/user/rooms/myroom. for a floor texture the filename is F_a_01_D2.tga if you rename your tga file to this name, then the browser will display the texture file in its window. These are not for the meshes, any named mesh can be seen in the browser window
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2007 22:26
My bad...I thought you were talking about the entity maker.I never could get the segment maker to work.
Your best bet would be to go here and get Signs.There is a free version you can try to make segments in seconds.
You will be glad you did.

Daku427
Years of Service
User Offline
hey people thats great, thanks for the advice it really helped.
BUT now i have another problem, when i click the mesh with left mouse to put it into position on the grid it dissapears? can this be due to the size of the mesh (it is a terrain i created in 3DSMAX)? can anybody help? thanks
Red Stone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 02:09
I think you should use DDS it turns out way better to me

Visit www.freewebs.com/earth2124fallofman for all the info on my newest FPS!
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 03:21
Just add _D2 to the end of your image name and it will see this. It sees anything with a _d2 or a _N or _S or _D.

Good luck
Loc

Man Hunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 11:24
Thnx Locrian, i never new it ONLY needed a D2, and can someone please gimme the Wall_a_01_D.tga (or somethin like that) as i have lost mine and now cannot put shaders.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:32:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:32:54