Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Gamescape 3d (advanced world builder)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok well thanks for trying. It goes low res like that because of newton but im not a 100 percent sure. Did it crash again. Sorry I just want to try and understand the problem better as It took a while on my end to load the terrain and create the collision tree. Anyways new and exciting updates are on the way so keep an eye on this thread! Thanks!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Shame to hear mate. But I guess that it'll still be great when sorted out.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's taller than 120 pixels
The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Excellent news! I have added full 3d mouse support so now from any angle you can literally paint height on to the terrain. Plus schools over! Thanks and I will post a video or something in a little while!

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 21:10
Looks great so far.. but I wasn't able to download, because firefox always crashes, and opera has some problems too.. maybe I should reinstall them.

Visit the DBPro - Speed up your game-Thread. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=88661&b=1
The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats ok MR. K It really was nothing special it was just a little test for my own purposes. But the editor is really coming along as you can see I am going to post a video later on youtube so be sure to check back. Again thanks for the mouse code which made it quite a bit easier to implement that 3d mouse among other things.

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice man.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Deathead I am currently in the stage of designing the UI over the old one. As ive been having some bugs with the ui such as button presses and stuff the old one is running in the backround so I can design the ui as I go and when all is fixed unhook the old one. Here is a very primative pic of the ui currently as I started implementing just a little while ago and also notice in the render window a terrain made in less then a minute using the new 3d hill tool custimizable to user prefrence. Heres the screen and thanks for the support!

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 02:09
I am very happy to see this going so well. Good luck with everything.

Cheers,

-naota

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks very much dbuser! I wouldent be able to do this great GUI without your plugin so I am very grateful for that. I will continue to keep you updated on my progress. THanks!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Just one thing Arrayinator, This looks sweet in all but why does it have to entitys buttons?

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks! I realized that after I posted I was pretty much just making the layout it should lights or level edit but I havent really decided yet. Im going to be working on a level builder built in to hopefully which I have an idea for. It will probaly be relatively basic but it would make the editor very well rounded. Anyways I have alot of very unique features coming to this editor that I won't announce till I have some working examples but I have a good feeling I can do most if not all of them. Anyways as always thanks for your support Deathead its really appreciated!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Anyways as always thanks for your support Deathead its really appreciated!"

Anytime mate.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Little update for you guys as I have been working hard on this here is a list of things that I am currently working on:

-Terrain Shader Editor
-Make changes to shaders on the fly or write one from scratch
-Easily swap between shaders and set tweakables
-set textures

-Level editor
-build levels with primatives
-import custom segments
-create new geometry with csg
-snap to grid
-Apply shaders,textures and material properties to any individual entity.

These are just a few things ive been working on and there far from done but I have the framework in place and will post screens when I believe enough progress has been made.Thanks!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice man you should sell this for £5 or more because getting futher in the thread and im really am seeing great improvements of which i thought was wicked anyways!

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks deathead as always! I am working really hard on a shader editor and some other really neat things that are amost complete. As I said I don't know if im selling a commercial version but I am considering making a fully functional free version and a commercial one with much more advanced features. But it all depends on what the final product is like and also what you think its like when I get a beta out. Anyways thanks very much!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, ARRAYinator, as awesome as this looks i was wandering will you be making a interior maker thingy for games because that will be awesome aswell.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
@Deathead sorry I have been really busy as I have just gotten a job to pay for a new pc im planning on building. Anyways I am working on an indoor level editor which I think I mentioned above. THanks for your support as always and I will post updates as they are made.THanks!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Really i thought i was the busy one going all the way to wales for about a day and back god that really nackered me out. +Good luck on the pc

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I had to bump this because this looks awesome.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Well im happy to say this project is not dead and is actually more alive than ever but I was getting very distracted by alot of things and long story short I have taken a little break from these forums for a while but im back and I have a pretty awesome indoor engine working as well as some cool shader stuff in the editor So dont worry I will post back when I feel I have made enough progress . As Always thanks for your support everyone!

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Yay! Its not dead! So what is the indoor engine like?

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 05:51
You mean it's not dead? (Quits poking with a stick)

Quote: "I quoted myself."

NG Website Aex.Uni forums
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2007 05:53
Haha @ Aaron.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Aaron lol

Quote: "Yay! Its not dead! So what is the indoor engine like?"

I wasent going to say much till I get it working nice but I will say a little bit. currently I have a modifiably grid based indoor system(similar to fpsc) that allows you to place waypoints for individual entities and save it to a file easily parsed by dbpro and I have also integrated it with darkAI! I also have added a realtime shader modification modifier to Gamescape. I have also been working on a dynamic/static lightmapping system that will hopefully make blending lights for your shaders,lightmaps and dynamic lights together seamlessly easy but at this stage its a wip. I really would like to post more but the bad news in all this is that as the code for the editor grew I have noticed some fundamental flaws in its design that I need to address.I am considering rewriting the terrain portion because it is actually still a seperate piece of software that I added to the actual level editor and because its not integrated into the entire editor itself it has posed many problems to me pushing onward and to be honest for a while I felt like I had hit a point where I was pulling my hair out adding things. Therefore the editor has a long way to go and thats why Ive been working on the game engine in order for me to have the drive to fix the editor. I appreciate all your support and I will be sure to post here with all the latest as I feel it is ready. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:39:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:39:53