Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] custom model height problem (been away a while please forgive me)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 12:02
Greetings all, I've been away for a while and I just got the latest upgrade and man am I having a time with my custom models, amongst other things. Could someone let me know where to find the instructions for fixing these 3 things-
1. custom models are sunk halfway into the ground
2. old levels with custom segments won't load
3. How do I implement dual wielding
Thanks in advance guys!

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 12:05
The dual wielding guns are in MP6.

And maybe some on the forums.
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 13:06
Yeah, there are dual wields floating around the forums. Butterfingers made a pair of dual wield pistols and chainguns. The model packs have dual wield variations on the vast majorities of the weapons aswell.

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 13:20
And as for the segments i had the same problem...
I replaced them with the same textures and all.
And than they worked fine.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 13:21
There are 2 ways you can fix your models in the floor problem. the first solution is to move pivot point in the model to the base of it in a modeling program, and the second is to mess with the ofset y settings in the FPE...

If youve updated you FPSC installation, try formatting down to an update in the middle, like V1.03. at some point in time the FPM file format chaged a bit, so i think you may have to open them with that update and re save them.

Dual weilding has always been possible, the only difference in the new update is that FPSC supports a FIRESPOT 2 bone. to implement it, you place the FIRESPOT 2 bone inplace of the original FIRESPOT on the second gun.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Welcome Back!! Disturbing 13. We missed U...BTW...U still Rock in my book!!

Sueme
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 15:49
welcome back, dude.

Whispers-A medieval fantasy game coming soon, by Axifer Designs.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 17:02
1)Make sure the mesh for the character is zeroed out(x=0,z=0,y=0) and reset x form(or your equivalent) and collapse the mesh prior to boning the mesh in that order.

2)Segments shouldn't make much of a difference but there are things that have changed and many old maps wont work anymore for everyone. It's a bullet many of us have had to bite.

3)Not to correct Bullshock but the additional bones are:
FIRESPOT2(no space)
BRASS2
SMOKE2

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 21:44 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 21:50
the old levels isnt such a biggie really.
Thanks for the info on firespot2. I thought it may have been more complicated than that.
As for characters whats up with the TGC characters working and not custom ones? I almost mimicked one of the tgc format ones and still get sunken models Anyone who bought any of the creeps and freaks models had any luck with the changing of files? I can't very well release a third pack of sunken models,lol; much less make a propper game.
Quote: "reset x form(or your equivalent) and collapse the mesh prior to boning the mesh in that order."

I am ashamed to say it but I don't understand. I'm a milkshape user and I used the base skeleton and animations from the TGC models to avoid conflicts..

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 21:45
Quote: "3)Not to correct Bullshock but the additional bones are:
FIRESPOT2(no space)
BRASS2
SMOKE2
"

ahh, ok...i wasnt really sure since ive never actually used them anyway.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 22:08
Disturbing...I don't know how you'd say it in milkshape. But there seems to be a problem with max if your dont hide every bone including the com1(that bone in the pelvis thats like the center controller for all the other bones).

In max, if you hide bones though the physique modifier, this com1 bone is still selectable. And depending on whether your using an ati or a nvida card this can effect your mesh as it's seen in the game. We have to select the mesh and right click and hide all though that way so the com is actually hidden. This solves allot of problems with us as well as with Chupa and some distortions he was getting.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Loc

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 22:16
I'll give it a try and see what comes of it by trying that method in milkshape. Thanks Locrian for the explaination.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2007 22:29 Edited at: 6th Apr 2007 22:46
Thanks! It worked great, (edit)Ack my bad the problem with the death lay in the model not any bug) Once again thanks for your help guys

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 20:32
Disturbing, I've been having the same problem with custom enemies sinking into the floor. I looked at what Loc wrote and it seems to be a bit confusing for me, could you tell me what you did in milkshape?

Red Stone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 21:05
Welcome Back!

Any ways Duel Wielding it done by mirroring and setting it so the shots split

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2007 21:45
disturbing, your models don't have the line

scale=100

in their FPE.

add that line to the FPE and delete the BIN and DBO, should sort you out.

Good to have you back man, Its ironic, I was just thinkin about ya the other day!

Peas
Butters

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 07:07 Edited at: 9th Apr 2007 01:28
its not working. I tried to fix my creeps and freaks models but no avail. Odd it worked on one model but not the others. Unfortunately the scale thing didnt work, all the Creeps and freaks models have it could this be the tragic end of my foray into FPSC? I hope not but if I can't create custom enemies I can't really go on.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 07:31
Theres gotta be someone around here with Milkshape thats had a similar problem. Ride it out a lil wile and see if anyone chimes in.

So you saying my trick worked for one and not the others or Butters? Cause if mine worked theres got to be something were missing on the other meshes.

Loc

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 07:53
I had that problem with the helicopter I made.You might try just placing a joint slightly below the feet of your character.
I think 1.04 and past uses the lowest joint to decide the bottom of the model or where it should sit when you press ENTER.
You might also try tapping the PageUp key once or twice and see if that will help.
I have noticed that keeps some of the characters from doing that too.
Without being aboe to look at the actual model that's the best advice I can give you.
If that doesn't work let me know and I'll dig into Milkshape and see what I can find out.
I also use version 1.7.9.
I know there's a newer version out but it played heck with my animations so I went back to 1.7.9.
There is also more than one exporter for the direct x file so you might check out different exporters (I know there are at least two) and see if one works better than the other.
You know how Milkshape is.You have to fiddle around with it for a while until you do something right and after that it is usually a piece of cake to do it again.
I can't begin to tell you how long it took me to figure out how to animate a model with Milkshape.

DOMRAY
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 11:01 Edited at: 8th Apr 2007 11:13
FredP is right about the placing a joint slightly below the feet of your character.i like to call it the anchor spot for the model.

i use Milkshape version 1.7.10 .i dont use the new 1.8.0 it crashes a lot and has vertex weights.
for fpsc i use V105 RC1 .this is what it looks like when i export a model.

this is for v104 and up

It's better to Burn Out than to Fade away.Victor Kruger/The Kurgan
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2007 13:55
Dist13.

I have your creeps and freaks cowbows thing, and it works fine.

I'll see if I can dig out the FPES...maybe zip the pack back to you?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 01:27 Edited at: 9th Apr 2007 02:45
@Butter fingers-That's accually the pack I started trying to fix. Starting with 6r133 , and he just wont cooperate. the objects dont seem to have problems, its the enemies. If you could send me fpes that work I would be eternally grateful.

@DOMRAY- I use the jt exporter also. what's happening is the models are sinking into the ground but the hit area is the same, so I can shoot where the heads would be and still score a hit.

(EDIT)Ugh I found out the problem. The first bone put down has to be on the floor; Just adding a bone wont work plus it screws up the animation. It just so happens when i imported skeletons into fragmotion, the first joint gets moved to the crotch. I tried importing a nurse from Model pack4 and noticed the first bone (not attatched to the body) is a bone named "nurse". I saved it as an ms3d file and exported it using the JTexporter option as 6r133 and viola', standing where it ought to be. Just as a precaustion i did another model (with a self made skeleton)and put it in as 6r133, yielding the sunken result. I lowered the skeleton and exported again and 'tada' the model was at the correct height. So now I have to find skeletons with this "first bone" at 0,0,0 and rerig the entire creeps and freaks models and then redistribute them if I can get ahold of the people I sold them to....THANKS TGC! I may scrap the whole Creeps and Freaks project now because of this. I hate to leave those who bought the first 2 packs hanging but it's going to be a while before I get to this task due to the slight custom animation changes. Ugh and the Zomboy pack was almost done, Oh well back to the drawing board. So problem solved but I guess this is yet another "bullet to bite"
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 07:14 Edited at: 10th Apr 2007 07:16
Well a little experimentation, yielded some better results with less hassle. So I'm back in the game again. Using fragmotion I imported my .x file and selected the first bone on the list usually named "body", then in the upper left info window showing this bones position.(note, it is not attatched to the accual set of skeleton that animates the character)I click the y box revealing a '...' button. pressing this reveals a coordinate altering window. I set the coordinates to 0,0,0 and all is well. then exported to an ms3d file and opened it in Milkshape. The model worked fine then, so i exported it as a .x and had success. So I wont have to rerig but I will have to go through the process described above and send out the .dbo's to my previous customers.Still Ugh, but better than nothing. Note do not attempt to move this bone in milkshape for those with the same problem! It will well and truely screw your model's animation up. So far Fragmotion is the only thing that has worked for me.
Razorroc
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 05:06
I tried to fix the cultist model but nothing seems to work. Did you figure this one out by chance?
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 06:09
What are you doing, Razorroc?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2007 06:44
3 month bump wow! if your not getting the right results then obviously your doing something wrong.
Quote: "So far Fragmotion is the only thing that has worked for me."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:31:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:31:24