Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / which to buy?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been shopping the site for hours and I'm not sure what product would be best to start with.

DarkBasic Pro or the Dark GDK. I already have Visual Studio 05 installed and am familiar with C#, however I am wondering since its my first time at game programing if it might be better to have the DBPro IDE? Is that correct?

Also in an attempt to get the most "bang for my buck" I am wondering if I should purchase the DarkBasic Pro online and the Ultimate extension pack.

Pretty much what I am wondering, if I wish to delve into the world of game design, which of the products available here would be the best to start with? Which development tools do I need to create a game all by my lonesome??

From logic programming (DBPro of DGDK) to Mapping, Character Modeling etc...

I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket LOL and I figure I should just get what i need now.

Should I get DGDK or DBPro Online with the Ultimate Pack

DO I also need one of the World Editors, 3D Modellers etc... and if so which is best out of those offered here at thegamecreators?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
Frank
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "if it might be better to have the DBPro IDE? Is that correct?"

Yeah, it's best to have the DBP IDE, I started off learning DBP, and moved onto C++, so having the DBP IDE is a great first step.

Quote: "Which development tools do I need to create a game all by my lonesome?? "

Definently FPS Creator, but that's a more basic program, with no real programming aspect to it, check it out at www.fpscreator.com
Other than FPS Creator, i'd say DBP, again.

Quote: "Should I get DGDK or DBPro Online with the Ultimate Pack"

I'd go for DBP Online with the Ultimate Pack, if you have the cash.

Quote: "DO I also need one of the World Editors, 3D Modellers etc... and if so which is best out of those offered here at thegamecreators?"

You don't have to have one, but it's good to have one. The best one offered by TGC is probably 3D World Studio, but I like DeleD 3D Editor, it's got a free and paid version, and it's great!

Good luck with DBP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:30:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:30:02