Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] WareHouse Pack Comming Soon!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 08:01 Edited at: 10th Apr 2007 02:39
PACK ENDED

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MonT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 08:32
I believe there is a warehouse pack out there that already contains most of what you plan on doing, otherwise sounds good.

http://www.pyrogames.org
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 12:47
Try and desaturate the textures a bit. They look very bright compared to most styles of FPS games.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 14:45
okay think warehouse... Dingy and a place where people work..

Okay just tossing ideas out here for things that people see in a watehouse that are not in the packs I have seen yet...

Work Bench + tools on the bench
Haning tools on the wall
Propane tanks
Gas tank + torch (there may be one of these around not sure)
Old Tires
Calander (Pinup girl - remember cloths on her because of kids being here)
Paint Cans, Oil Cans
Fire and safety equipment like pull switch, bell, extenguisher (excuse the spelling)
Signs like Hazzard, Employee Only, Enter, Exit, Fire Escape stuff like this can always be used...

Anyways there just a few ideas on models that arent out there that I know of.

As far as what I have seen on the screen. Looks to clean to go into any warehouse Ive ever been in so think dingy

Also look at model pack 3 from TGC they have shelfs already and you may want to go for a different look all together...

Hope some of this may help

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 17:52 Edited at: 9th Apr 2007 17:59
Some good advise above. Generally if your going to be selling something, you have to have a pretty good product. You can't expect people to pay for you to practice. The frame that holds your shelves up is way to thin looking. The textures are off.

In say that, you don't really command a mastery of either modeling and proportioning or in texturing.

Take the School Daze pack for instance. Your quality should rival or exceed that free pack to justify your sales.

Now mind you, you are free to sell anything you want and no one can stop you. We just ask this as part of the community man. Get some experience first....then hit our wallets.

SOME TIPS: Use Google to get reference pictures of the items you want to make. Apply them to a plane in your modeling application and model against that in the back ground to insure proper proportions. Think of them like a blueprint or template.

EDIT AND PS: Domray released a wonderful pack for free with basically the same title(warehouse pack). Wonderfully modeled meshes and very fitting textures which equaled or exceeded School Daze quality.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 18:12 Edited at: 9th Apr 2007 18:15
Sorry I couldn't help but notice that the wall texture is the same as the School Daze pack. All you have done is shaded the red bit yellow and add that yellow and black banner. See the picture...

I might be wrong but just incase...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 18:59 Edited at: 9th Apr 2007 19:02
No your not wrong OF. The imperfection patterns match up...I never noticed it cause all I looked at were the models and seen it was a horrid yellow.

So I'll say it here. MY PACK WAS NOT TO BE SOLD IN PART OR IN FULL. Selecting the colored portion of MY images that I hand painted and changing the hue dose not constitute this as being YOUR work. You can't even show my work and say " well I wasn't selling that part" cause then thats false advertising when your saying segments too.

What part of that didn't you get from the licensing?

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 19:44
The first thing I did when I got the School Daze pack was remove that imperfection, because it stands out like a sore thumb, over and over again. It sure is obvious though, ain't it?

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2007 21:10
man, there are so many people copying work and claiming it as their own now! as well as the fight against these theifing... well, noobs (sorry to be harsh) theres the evergoing fight against piracy. I apologize if everyone is infact mistaken and you simply used the exact same method as locrian, but i highly doubt it as almost every computer graphics artist has his/her own, unique way of doing things.

offtopic: FredP, if you happen to browse over this have you recieved that email yet?

best of the rest!
Red Stone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 02:39
Quote: "man, there are so many people copying work and claiming it as their own now! as well as the fight against these theifing... well, noobs (sorry to be harsh) theres the evergoing fight against piracy. I apologize if everyone is infact mistaken and you simply used the exact same method as locrian, but i highly doubt it as almost every computer graphics artist has his/her own, unique way of doing things.

offtopic: FredP, if you happen to browse over this have you recieved that email yet?
"

OMG I'm soooo sorry shoot I have some ones made by me that where going to be in the pack and I just re-textured your segments and decided to use those

I HAD NOT INTENTION OF SELLING ANY OTHER PERSONS STUFF

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 03:46
I am pretty sure I will hear from Locrian about this so I am going to hold off on doing anything until I do.
At the very least you have violated the license of the School Daze pack and took someone else's work,played with it a little and then claimed it was your own...or at least failed to tell anybody it wasn't yours.
I am going to do and wait and see on this.
This goes back to what I tell people...Only post what you make (or have a license or the developer's permission to use.
I would much rather you post you own work...even if it looks like a pile of dog crap that's been sitting around for two months with flies buzzing around it...than take a chance on the fact you have pirated someone else's.
Before you use anybody else's media be sure to check the license.

Red Stone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 03:58
Quote: "I am pretty sure I will hear from Locrian about this so I am going to hold off on doing anything until I do.
At the very least you have violated the license of the School Daze pack and took someone else's work,played with it a little and then claimed it was your own...or at least failed to tell anybody it wasn't yours.
I am going to do and wait and see on this.
This goes back to what I tell people...Only post what you make (or have a license or the developer's permission to use.
I would much rather you post you own work...even if it looks like a pile of dog crap that's been sitting around for two months with flies buzzing around it...than take a chance on the fact you have pirated someone else's.
Before you use anybody else's media be sure to check the license.
"

Sorry Dude NONE OF THE SEGMENTS WHERE RELEASED AND SOLD!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 08:28
Fred, I'm over this guy...He didn't get to sell it, though probably would have.....I just hope these little threads show people even if the author pays no attention, someone will.....And they just can't do it here...We're to tight a community.

People talk about some of us hanging to tight on these forums. All I can say is thats probably true. After a wile you know who you can trust. It's not that were a good ole boys club......We've just circled the wagons. We know there's bad guys out there, and the easiest way to protect our own back is by watching the guys in front of us and having the guy behind us watch ours.

If people only realized how easy it is to get in this "group". We want as many people as we can. It makes protection that much easier. We want people with the same hobbies and morals as ourself.

*read the rules
*don't post crap
*use the search engine
*don't act like a 6 year old
*don't lie
*don't steal
It just takes common sense....

See, I'll probably be watching this guy like a hawk till either him or I leaves this forum. Others probably will be as well...
That's not the impression you want to leave on people.....

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2007 08:58
Okay.And you won't be the only one watching.
It's over and done with.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:39:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:39:26