Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems Understanding Animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2007 06:36
Hello, I've owned DBpro for awhile now, and i've been using these forums as a source of reference for just as long. I can't think of how to word my question so excuse me for not using the search engine, I hope that this post is not breaking any rules.

Okay so on to my questions.

First of all I don't understand how to use the given the darkmatter models and use multiple animations. I can load a single model/animation as found in the models folder but is it possible to load that model with all its animations? Do I have to load as many models as I want animations of the one character?

Secondly when i load a single animation i have not figured how to display the animation in loops. Everything compiles but durring the execution of the program nothing happens, is there a reason for this? I have made sure I'm incrementing(spelling?) and i've added waits so I doubt it is the frame rate.

I know these are very base questions and it means alot that people would take time out of their day to help me.

-Hendenpeter-

Rage,rage against the dying of the light.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 01:30
Hallo The Hendenpeter...of course you can have a model with all animations in it, but you should know how to manage with a 3D program....but if you take your models with just one animation...for example walking...and then you have other model running, you can append the second animation to your model...and even better...you can manipulate the object animation in order to get a different animation.

You can imagine the amount of animations that you could do.

Here you can find a little but complete code that can help you

greetings

oh my god

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Hendenpeter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2007 02:31
tyvm your post really helped

The Hendenpeter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2007 01:51
okay so now my animations are appearing, but I'm having a few more problems.

The animations arn't smooth and I'm not sure why. I'm using the ninja found in the DarkMATTER collection and when i try to loop the walking sequence is does not work as intended. I'll inclued the code, any help would be great.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:30:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:30:55