Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Making a gun animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 08:33
Ok I can:
1. Model my guns
2. Texture my guns
3. Make my guns entities

My only problem is the animation part I've found 1 tutorial on this and it didn't help AT ALL the guy used a previously made script and the gun to match and didn't show the "how to areas"

I know I can do the animations in Milkshape but I dont know how. I've searched for tutorials but couldn't find a good one. Does anyone have a good reference or know what I should do? Perhaps someone who has animated a gun before could help me through msn?

Also I read up on something called WeaponCreator mentioned in the forums. Is this what I'm looking for? Well i googled it and searched it in the forums and nothing came up.

Thanks again...Felstead
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 19:57
Well... Wait for fred to pop up around here. I think i recall him making a tutorial. No - Weapon creator merely makes it FPSC ready. Its for people who want to align it easily on the screen and change the muzzle etc. Its basically writes the gunspec rather than you doing it manually.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 20:29
Yer fred made a tut "animating a weapon in milkshape" is what I recal it being called.
Tyrano

1 hour Kalspher Demo soon to be released for public BETA!
Felstead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 20:36
does anyone have a link to it?
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 20:58
Fred's tut worked for me and I'm terrible with all this computer stuff. So if it worked for me it WILL work for you.

Felstead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 21:38
thanks but can someone post a link?
Felstead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 00:05
Can anyone tell me approximately how long it's gonna take till im a trusted member I dont wanna wait for my posts anymore and can someone please send me the link for Freds tutorial?
freakshow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 01:04
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=91782&b=24

there ya go.

Project:V, where something always lies in the shadows...
Formerly Crazy Al
Felstead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 04:21
Thanks freakshow!
Felstead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 05:10
Ok Thanks I'm all set..but one last thing in the tutorial Fred mentions a gunspec file...where can I find, get these? What if I modeled a gun that there was no gunspec file for could I make my own. Please help a fellow modeler.
Felstead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 08:03
I don't know if my other post just canceled out or something nut anyways the tutorial mentions gunspec files which I don't know how to obtain. Now Smitho mentioned that WeaponCreator can write the gunspec files without me doing it manually so...can anyone post the link to download weapon Creator for FPSC because all I can find are things related to world of warcraft (awesome game might I add )
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 09:42
Every weapon has to have a gunspec file.
What I do is I pick an FPSC ready weapon (files\gamecore\guns)
and I use that as the guide for my new weapon's gunspec.
If you search the models and media forum for Weapon Creator you should be able to find it.
Weapon Creator only imports your gun into FPSC...quite well at that.
You still have to make,texture and animate your weapon elsewhere.
While I did make the tutorial on how to animate a weapon I animated a handgun so you might have to adjust the animations for a rifle.That's why I use a gunspec from a similar weapon.

Felstead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 10:50
Thanks fred actually I was copying your tutorial by making a pistol to follow through with it and it seemed to work out fine. i dont know how to test these animations to see how the would look other then the animation play button in Milkshape. So I dont know how these would look in FPSC. Well now I've run into a few problems. 1. I'm looking for a converter which shouldn't be to hard to find. and 2. After I texture my model It looks very...how to say it.....opaque. I don't know if it's just milkshapes way of showing you the inside of your gun but I definetly dont want it to look that way in FPSC. I do not know of a way to check it. Any thoughts would be appreciated but other than that...I think my weapon looks cool
CHAD509
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 09:56
well if u need any animations just tell me

here is a sample of my work:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaLJrm8Ktco

B.a.H. Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:34:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:34:01