Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What programs to use?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, say I had won the lottery or a great deal of money so money is not a problem..

Which programs from the Game Creators would you purchase if you wished to make a 3d MMORPG (such as Guild Wars, Warcraft and Runescape* and Oblivion**) with realistic effects, models and textures.. Everything..

The reason I ask is that there are so many programs all on one site that seem to compete over one another. I just want to know wich programs are the best at what they do. Thus I ask the question again, which do you think are the required programs to get inorder to create everyaspect of a 3d MMORPG? Without having tons of programs on one system.

Thanks for your time,
Createse

* Runescape is 2d
** Oblivion isn't Multiplayer

You keep what you kill...
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 19:17 Edited at: 14th Apr 2007 23:29
You should really ask your extremely large team of expert programmers, character modellers, level designers and musicians what they are experienced in using.

What's that? No team?!?!

Look, sorry for the sarcasm, but if you are new to DB or programming, you haven't a cat in hell's chance of coming anywhere near realising such an ambitious project - if an MMORPG was even viable in the first place.

It's been tried many, many times before and you can count the number of successful attempts on the fingers of a man with no fingers!

By all means learn DB and enjoy it - but don't aim too high - you'll only be disappointed.

On a more serious attempt to answer your question, read the stickies at the top of this board. All the answers can be found there.

TDK_Man

max ballwinkle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 21:33
and runescape sucks

B-A-L-L-W-I-N-K-L-E
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 01:13

What we are all trying to say is...

Start small. If right now you purchase DB and try to make an MMORPG, you will quit GARANTEED because you wont know anything.

You need years of experience for something like that

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:25:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:25:28