Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Newbie Needs Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have just started to program for the first time and it just happens to be for my Advanced Higher Computing project. I seem to be having difficulties with object collision and A.I, if anyone could find the time to point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated!! Thanks again. Oh yeah, just thought I'd metntion that it is supposed to be an FPS, or the beginnings of one anyway.

you know how people say that if you wish for something enough it will come true... well how many times is "enough"?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 19:08
Please read the stickies at the top of the board!

If you had, you would have seen this:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=56770&b=7

TDK_Man

SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 18:48
just to nit-pick:

Quote: "I have just started to program for the first time and it just happens to be for my Advanced Higher Computing project."

you've started something like Advanced higher computing, When I did computing at A-level programming was a compulsory module. Now, I don't know about your education history, but to jump straight in at advanced higher computing, with no prior programming experience seems silly. Plus, the words Advanced, and Higher in the title name suggest you're going to be expected to use a lower-level language than basic...

The place to start is pong, nice and simple ... then 3D pong, which even shows about collision (between ball and bat). At which point you might be better experienced to tackle a shooter game.

and, as for AI, well, that's difficult, particularly if you want it to be lifelike...
Newbie Needs Help
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i do have some programming experience but it only involves use of visual basic. I have designed most of the FPS, but the only part i need to finish it off is either object collision or some form of A.I really.

you know how people say that if you wish for something enough it will come true... well how many times is "enough"?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:27:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:27:20