Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Possible to Animate this

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 19:14
Is it possible to Animate this character that I made ??

www.Zorakgame.com a Classic in the making. Chop up them Leezy old Nazis, and find out why Hitler was so Evil.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 19:39
Yes you can animate it, but i doubt FPSC will run it. What poly count is it?

Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 19:55
there is 8106 polys, is that too much ???

www.Zorakgame.com a Classic in the making. Chop up them Leezy old Nazis, and find out why Hitler was so Evil.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 19:55
Yup.

Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 19:57
dam that sucks hehe, I hate modeling in Low poly its too hard HAHA.

Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 19:59
8106! that's a lot!

Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 20:02
hahaha, guess I have to cut down a lil eh HAHA....

I seem to model in high poly atleast 5 times as fast, like this model I finished in a COuple hours, but if its low poly I have to struggle to find detail HAHA.

Screwed Over
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 20:20
looks good, you need to get the polys to around 3k for fpsc to run it smoothly.

best of the rest!
vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 20:25
there's a program called Action3D i think, that cuts down on the number of polygons in the model, i've never tried it though, it's on the game creators website

evil lies within all of us...we just don't know it yet

www.freewebs.com/3dfpsc
Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 20:33
Ill look into that

Thanks for the help

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 20:41 Edited at: 14th Apr 2007 20:48
Those programs never work well. Though your not doing what this thread was posted for, an explanation of poly reducing applications is explained here and why they are a horrible idea. Just ignore the ranting portions as they were directed toward a trend that was sweeping our forums at the time. The facts remain the same though

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=84248&b=24

Good luck on it though. It's a nice looking mech. This belongs in 3d Chat though with it not being FPSC ready.

Loc

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 20:49
Locrian- How do those work for static objects though? It seems like that thread was more based on if you want to animate something.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 20:55
Not bad at all if parts don't have to move. But that isn't going to be his problem. Also, I can only comment on the Mootools plugin which is going to be top of the line. I highly doubt the TGC made version can hit an exact poly count, or protect the edges and boarders like I can direct PC to do.

Loc

Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2007 21:02
This sucks HAHA, I mise well scrap that character I see LOL

I guess I will model something else, I guess the Terminator Model can be well a Static Object or something for looks haha, maybe oneday I will animate it, but I dont have the time for something that is way to many polys already, it was originally gonna be on the Fear Engine, but gahh Fear Sorce code was too hard LOL...

But yea I do not want to change the subject and get flamed at.

sooo If you guys would like to say anything about the Terminator Model go right ahead

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
It would be entirely possible to animate this,did one similar myself,the rigging is a little complex though as you need to use constraints to make the joints work properly.You cant just bone and skin it,as it moves mechanically and doesn't bend at the joints like an organic character,I have also found that with the latest release candidate that problems occur with larger character entities which I presume this is.

best rolfy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:26:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:26:57