Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Light problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 01:18 Edited at: 15th Apr 2007 01:34
I have a flying game done so far. It uses a skysphere that is set to the position of the ship which flies around in every direction. (it is, obviously, set to the ship's position so the ship never goes outside of it). My problem is, it doesn't look real because parts of the skysphere are lighted, and parts of it are quite dark. How can I give everything a decent amount of "daylight"? Can someone give me some lighting tips?

(I'm guessing that this has something to do with the fact that you see the back of the polygons in the skysphere? I set cull to off for it, so I could see the inside of the sphere. I know something about normals, and how they tell how the light should hit or something but not much experience with them)

Also I could just set the ambient light, but then it makes the ship itself too bright and shiny to where you can't really see it well and it doesn't look correct anyways.

ZOMG
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2007 10:51
try playing with the set object command

remember that the parameters are:

set object objnum, wire on/off, transparency on/off, culling on/off, filter on/off, sensitivity to lights on/off, sensitivity to fog on/off, sensiivity to ambient light on/off

0 - 1 = on - off

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:28:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:28:44