Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Graphics in a certain area of the window.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 14:47
I have a small section of graphics 800x50 at the top of my screen. And a section 800x160 at the bottom. I want the player view to be in the middle. The view section will be about 800x390 in size considering what has already been used. How do I set my graphics to only be seen in this area and not the whole display? :-s
*** Maxillian Software ***
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 15:40
You could either SET CAMERA VIEW(), if you are using 2D sprites and a 3D playing area

or

You could make your outer sections from plains, locked to the screen, and then they will hide what's behind them.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Maxx illian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 16:28
Duh..of course the camera view...I took a leave of my senses for a sec....its a 3d playing field so set camera view will do just fine.
I would think that if i covered up sections it would still play underneath therefore adding a slower fps rate wouldnt it?

*** Maxillian Software ***
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2003 18:36
Yep.

Another way (just for completeness - I'm not suggesting you use it) is to set your view to draw to an image (SET CAMERA TO IMAGE).

I found this useful for displaying a top-down map on a ghosted sprite.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 07:51:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 07:51:45