Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Importing .x files into 3DS Max or 3D Canvas with animations?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I Have tried to import a .x file from FPSC into both 3DS Max and 3D Canvas. I can get the models to import just fine.

When I export them back they dont have the animations they have before I imported them. This happens even I dont make any changes to the models.

Is there a way to get the .x files to keep their animations when imported into one of these programs and then exported back to .x format?

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.
Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 22:25 Edited at: 17th Apr 2007 22:26
You can find a great tutorial for 3d max with a free plug-in.
Here => http://www.fpscreator.com/characterstudio.html
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2007 23:00 Edited at: 17th Apr 2007 23:14
I followed that tut to the letter. I made sure that all the settings were identical. It just didnt work. The animations still didnt seem to make it through the translation.

I have no idea why it didnt work.

Any other info that I missed when searching?

Are the Animations messed up somehow when the model is imported into 3D Canvas and the exported to 3DS and the opened in 3DS Max?

Does the model have to be reanimated in max and the exported?

Thanks.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. FPSC is Getting better. Now if we can just keep the ball rolling.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:26:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:26:21