Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / ball hanging from stick

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi guys im new to darkbasic pro and this is my first post.
im trying to make a ball hang from a movible stick with pyshics
nothing fancy, but i'm bit stuck on how to make it work.
i've included my code,the whole thing maybe wrong but at least you will get a idea of what im trying to do(and hopefully show me how to do it). thanks!
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 03:52
So, let me get this right... You want there to be something attatching the box on the top, to the box on the bottom, right? Well, there are several ways you can accomplish this....

1. Look into cloggy's d3d plugin.
2. Create a long box or cylinder and rotate it based on the angle in the "line"
3. Create a long box or cylinder and alter its vertex data to fit into box of the boxes.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

-db

Albert Einstein believed that imagination is more important than knowledge.
Master Blaster
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, im thinking over your ideas.
i didn't explain to well. its like a fishing rod and lure, i want to be able to cast it out and reel it in(change the length value). what i have in this code sort of works to cast. but the "lure" does not swing and return to the lowest point correctly. so the distance between the two cubes can be less the the max length but not longer. does this explain it better?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:29:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:29:06