Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Custom Weaps question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 09:33
Basically I'm making a custom weapon and i cant figure out out to toggle between semiauto and auto mode... I want my gun to be auto but its stuck at semi. I looked at the tommy guns gunspec file and made them as much the same as i could (without messing up my weapon)

anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks all so much in advance!

Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 09:50 Edited at: 19th Apr 2007 09:57
in your gunspec file include what you see in the TommyGuns " Automatic Fire " then the frames you want for your animation.

Hope that helped.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it violated the AUP.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 09:59
May I see your gunspec, please.

Suicidal Sledder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 10:09

thats my gunspec and i jacked it from someone else so some of the settings are still weird. I changed the autofire and it works! except it continually loops the sound file even after ive stopped shooting (or in this case swinging since its a melee weapon)

TIA!

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 17:53

This MAY work but I dont know..

Motocross pro712
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 18:19
I dunno how everyone else does there Animations, but I do mine the way FPSC did LOL, and thats

Something SImular to that, thats how I did my Kick animation anyways LOL. Guns are harder to animate than a kick so LOL.

Zorak, a Classic in the making, own them alien maggots.
Suicidal Sledder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2007 22:15
tried em both... the animation is next to perfect but for some reason the sound loops ontop of its self just making a buzzing sound and even after i lift up the mouse button (ie idle) it keeps going... I think Smitho is on the right track though...

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 02:27
check the sound frames

you should be using

start fire
automatic fire
end fire

with the fire sound playing in the start fire frames. Thats what I do and I don't have any looping issues.

Suicidal Sledder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 03:58
yes that works! is there any way to vary the speed of the shots? As an M4A1 would fire pretty fast and a .50 cal mounted mini gun would fire at a comparitivly slower speed. I thought maybe it would be the fire loop variable but changing it doesnt seem to help...

TIA!

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 04:20
you need to change the loop ALOT! it's in thousandths of a second.

Either that or compress your shooting animation down a little. I've never honestly figured out if it loops in time with the fire loop or the animation.... no wait, it has the be the fire loop. Although for slow firing autos, I've often found myself puting in numbers like 20000 just to slow it down enough (it's pretty bugged out!)

Suicidal Sledder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 05:31
Sa weet! and (hopefully) one last question... Anyone know what the "keyframe ratio" part does? I was hoping that it would change my animation speed since some of my animations are a little slow (or fast) but i tried a few different numbers and none of them seemed to do much...

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
ROF is hardcoded. Fireloop is for sounds only and is completely independent of ROF as well as how frequently the muzzleflash displays. It doesn't matter if your automatic fire anim is one frame or 100, ROF will be unchanged and so nope, it isn't timed to anything other than an arbitrary value which I suppose was arrived at based on performance issues at the time it was coded.

If you want a fast ROF, you'll need to set the itterate up (and cut the ammo size) because the default ROF is incredibly slow and takes waaay too long to empty a magazine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:20:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:20:55