Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / My First Map! but wait, help....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 00:41
YAY I made my first decent map using Matedit! Its an island Im goin to use for an RPG Ill be making some time in the (hopfully) near futer. I also made a site to host all the pics i have and will have of stuff I want to show off So this is my first map.

OK, now the questions:
1) Is it possible to blend to of the textures together for a greater affect, like between the dirt and the sand, it looks like a big jump. I know it wont be as bad when I load it into DBPro, but it still wont look great.
2) How do I load it into DBPro? lol. I was planing on doin that first, learnen how, then I procrastinated, till here I am! So if anyone could help me, that would be great.

Ooooo, and If anyone has any tips, ideas, or somthin like that about my map, im all ears. THanks for the time of u readin this.
Sup Kids
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 02:52
To blend them you need a 2D program like photoshop, but I use VanTrans which is free.

To load it into DBpro you need to make the source using MatEdit then just open the source.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 03:07
I dont mean to sound dumb or anything, but could you elaborate on how to do that plz? and thanks, ill try using VanTrans.

Sup Kids
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 07:00
In matedit, you to the WRITE SOURCE (forgot what key) and do that twice, once for the source, once for the files. Next, open up dark basic pro and run the source code it generates.

RPGamer

haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 07:16
when I did that, I ran it in the same folder as it went into, and it didnt workd. I tryed adding the media files(the textures) and all the other files, but it still didnt work, what am I suppost to do?

Sup Kids
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 21:27
K i go tthe site up, its [href]http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/haxorpic [/href] Hope you like.

Sup Kids
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 03:26
k well im starting to think that matedit 1.6 wont work with DBPro. I was searchin the fourms and I found a post that said it didnt work, and was said by TDK himself. However, im not sure how old that was, so there may have been a new patch. Well anyways, the thing still wont work, even when I add the header, etc. Is it true that matedit is really only for db clasic?

Sup Kids
Beavis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 17:31
I use MatEdit in DBPro and it works for me. Try remove first DIM line in main source file.
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 23:54
OK but now im really confused. I can either build it, which gives me the header, or i can make the source, and that wont run. I really am confused now. Which one of these do I put into my actual program. Ok this is what I THINK im suppost to do. I put the coad for the actual map, not the header, in my game. I then include the header at the top, and stick it in the same folder that the game is in? I dunno, plz help!

Sup Kids
Skybax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 05:39
@-) Hope everything goes fine for you!!!

There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 07:39
I remember seeing a lot of these posts on this forum, so from what I remeber, there were a few lines of code to remove. Im not sure, but one may have been a static command in it, if you have one of the codes in file, you could try editing it looking for a static command to take out.

I dont remember exactly what, but there are 1 or 2 commands that cant be used in DBPro, & since Matedit & Magic World are made for DBClassic (I fail to call DBClassic, DBC because DBC is trademarked & copyrighted by my fathers company, the David Back Clinic,) it wont work in DBPro without some code editing.

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 15:11
Hey Ill talk to you on AIM about that map. I have a few suggestions and I have to go to school now.

Later
RPGamer

haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 00:41
k, i got some new shots up, but it looks like blurry and stuff, and I dont know why. Any1 got any suggestions?
[href]http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/haxorpic [/href]

Sup Kids
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 01:15
Nice blending Mold that matrix! DL the 1.6G version of matedit from the matedit site. Its cool

RPGamer

haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 01:44 Edited at: 29th May 2003 01:44
mold the matrix? dont seem to sound a 'lil slow here, but, well ok i am, what do u mean? I have 1.6, and I dont see any mold commands

Sup Kids

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:44:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:44:35