Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DB Pro and MMO

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just got DarkBasic Pro Game Programming,Secound Edition. I wanted to know if DB Pro can make a MMO. I really want to make one and want to know if DB Pro can do this. 90$ is alot for me and the trial I can't try it just isn't working for me(and there wasnt one on the cd). If it can make a MMO once I have learned to do everything then I'll get it. Also is this a good language to learn first will it help me (after I learn the laguage really well) go into more difficult languages? Please answer these questions!!! Please and Thank you.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 05:36 Edited at: 20th Apr 2007 05:37
WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT TO MAKE MMO'S AS THEIR FIRST PROJECT!!!!!!???? I'm getting sick of this question. About half of the last newcomers posts have been this exact same question. What is it about an MMO that everyone is so obsessed with? Why is it such a better form of a game than any other that every noob who visits the forum feels obligated to set out to make the next World of Warcraft, until they realize how hard it is. YES it is POSSIBLE to make an MMO with DBP, but NO it is not PROBABLE. *sigh*. Mod's should make a sticky titled "Can I Make an MMO?" at the top this question comes up so much.

Garwin
Years of Service
User Offline
I realize how hard it is ^.^ And yes its probable. I have alot of friends doing this project. So yea. I know it's going to be hard. I was just wondering if it was possible. Thanks even tho the responce was a bit hostile ^.^
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 05:45
Gil Galvanti, calm down.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 05:49 Edited at: 20th Apr 2007 05:49
Quote: "Gil Galvanti, calm down."

Sorry, I'm just getting annoyed by so many of these .

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 06:15
I started a thread for you Gil, as well as anyone who wants to add valuable information regarding it.
I concur we get a lot of these questions so might as well make it a sticky.

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2007 06:51
Alright thanks for that indi .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:26:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:26:21