Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / INPUT command bugged..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2007 18:53

Whenever I use F5 (Make EXE), the input text blinks and I cannot escape the program or enter any letters. It does, strangely, work in DEBUG mode, though. Any ideas?

If I can get this fixed I will release my first DBPro application, X-Intelligence, with 171 lines so far.

---PARANOID PRODUCTIONS---
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2007 19:10
That was a problem with extremely old versions of dark basic, works fine for me on the latest update, no blinking at all.

Now the question is, why are you on such an old version of dark basic pro?

Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2007 19:12
Just purchased yesterday the the project is from the trial.

Commander in Chief
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2007 19:22
Nevermind, I just realized my DBP version was like 1.057 or something like that. Getting the updates for the editor and DBP now...

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2007 21:40
After you update everything, take a look in the WIP board at the stickied thread CodeSurge

I had used the default DBpro editor for over two years, but after using this for the past week, it's my oppinion that you'll have a better coding experience.

If you stick with the default editor do yourself a favor.
- Create your new project.
- Enter a few lines in the source, and Save Project As.
- Then Save Source As.
- Finally Save All.
- Try to open up your project and source, if everything looks good, your good to go and from then on can trust Save All with that project.

If you don't do the above, more than likely everything will be alright. But there is a chance that the editor will fail to save your project correctly, and you can lose a ton of work. It seems to happen if you compile and run a project, when the project is already running and then try to save progress.

Good Luck!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:17:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:17:05