Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / question on modeling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, i am very new to this stuff, in fact, i havent even began to create a game in the first place, so, her is my question:

with programs like 3D modeling programs and things like that, can i make new models for my new game or is it only the models that are available with the model packs and the ones built in the FPSC program?

because i would love to begin making new models for people. that would be sick.

I make things go boom.
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
You can make models your self and put them into fpsc.
1st you need a model creating software
2nd you need an x converter and u need the fpsc entity maker

Slipknot Rules
puppet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 02:40
there are ready made files out there that coincide with 3dmax for modeling. A .fig file to get the skeliton the game uses and another file that has the animation on it. Tis leaves only modeling a character if you don't mind using the same animation. This way your new character can use the current "people" scripts and work in game as is. Making characters with a diffrent skeliton would require different animations and .fPI and .FPE scripts. I can't figure out Milkshape so I use Max. I hate it but I have little choice in the matter. I model and texture in Maya because its 200 million times less crap than Max but , unfortunately, Maya can't export in DirectX. SO I export as OBJ and import into Max where I bone, skin and animate then use the Panda exporter to make an .X file. The exporter is brilliant!!!!
Saint Areon
Years of Service
User Offline
@Maddog

Id go with Milkshape for your first 3d program, Its preaty easy to navigate and is alot less intimedating then 3dmax (not to mention cheaper).

Link:http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/

To get the models to work in FPS Creator download the Entity maker off the download page on Fpscreator.com:

http://files2.thegamecreators.com/fpscreator/fpsc_entity_maker.zip[/href]

There a ton of ways to do it, you will have to play around with programs until you get your feet planted. Best of luck to you.

Saintareon
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 08:34
You'll find texturing the hardest at first i think...

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 12:15
Quote: "I can't figure out Milkshape so I use Max. I hate it but I have little choice in the matter. I model and texture in Maya because its 200 million times less crap than Max but , unfortunately, Maya can't export in DirectX. SO I export as OBJ and import into Max where I bone, skin and animate then use the Panda exporter to make an .X file. The exporter is brilliant!!!!"

Dude, I hate to call you a pirate, but you hav Milkshape, MAx and maya?!?! What are you like a trust fund kid or something? Why blow so much cash when evidently you're not very experienced? For example, you claim that milkshape is too hard.. but if you have exportin and animation sussed in MAX milkshape is a doddle. Secondly, Maya does have a very effective exporter. It even supports IK handles. You get the plugin with the DirectX updates.

I'm sorry to go way off topic with this, I just can't honestly believe that you legally bought all 3 programs. that's well over $2000 of stuff!

MikeB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 12:21
I have to agree with all 3 posts above me.

I can't get texturing in MS atall.

Milkshape is awesome and cheap (although I use anim8or, export to .obj, import the .obj into MS3d and then (in theory) animate in MS and export to .X, then run entity maker and voila)

I have nearly finished saving for FPSC, and then i'll be saving for the full version of MS. (I'm err.... darn... can't say my age..... umm... i'm..... young, so I can't afford a lot of fancy...rubbish..... so I'm happy with £45 worth of stuff.... and maybe i'll buy some model packs later.... although as Milkshape is only about £2 more expensive than a model pack...)

Sorry for all the pointless words.

E.D.

EldestDragon

There is no snoop
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 13:33 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 13:36
Actually, 3DS Max alone costs $3,500. The cheapest version of Maya is $2,000, with the most expensive version going for $7,000. I don't know anyone that can shell out that kind of money for programs that they can't get to work properly.

-Keith

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 13:44
texturing is the hardest part.

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:31:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:31:40