Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Size and Scale

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just wondering how big things should be in relation to each other, for me its alright saying make a matric 1000,1000 and then making a cube 10 but i was just curious, as i could move that cube quite happily around that matrix, as to how every one works with scale because a matrix of 100,100 and a cube 1 would look and work the same as the above. I hope this makes sense
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 12:49
well, for my engine i recently rescaled all my models down to be much smaller because for some reason i was getting slow down with big models -_- Mind you, i was doing some pretty intensive stuff with ALOT of objects, but i find just making things smaller helped out a fair bit with my speed. But other people here use much bigger models, have cameras zoomed out from between 200-500 from their focused player and get along just fine! So i guess its taste. But its best to choose your scale and try to stick with it before you start.. Scaling all my objects down wasnt fun, even more so when i had to go around adjusting speed stats ect :/

p4 2.4ghz, 256ddr ram, Geforce4 MX 440
Innovate, redefine, recreate whats in your mind. It isnt fate, you decide, only you can cross that line.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:47:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:47:29