Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Multiple Sword Swipes?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 07:07
Hey,
After watching Errant AI's video with the katana, I was AMAZED. I was mainly wondering, how in the world did you get the katana to swipe back and forth constantly, instead of just one swipe on each click? Thanks in advance!!!

Is it something to do with the same principal as a machine gun? Or does it involve 2 firespots?

Also, for you professionals around here, I may be paying for some custom work, involving swords. (Around 3 swords and 3 shields-how much would this cost? I'm guessing around $50?)

-AaronG

bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 07:29
he used after images so it looks like it has multiple strikes and it depends on how good you want the swords if you want very good then maybe $50-$100

you can live with a man for all his days, but you really find what he really is like when hold him over a volcano
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 10:55
The principal of the machine gun applies to Errants katana. The "start fire" animation is one complete swipe of the sword. The "fire loop" animation is the sword swinging from side to side i.e "looping" and the "end fire" animation is the sword returning to its normal position. So, if the player was to hold down "fire" the sword will keep swinging from side to side (using the fire loop animation) and when the player lets got of "fire" the sword will return to the normal position. I think, within every loop of the fire animation a bullet hole is left behind but it may be more.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 11:50
Quote: "Also, for you professionals around here, I may be paying for some custom work, involving swords. (Around 3 swords and 3 shields-how much would this cost? I'm guessing around $50?) "

Thats 6 weapons your asking and if you want hands and everything that would cost around $80+ per model. So for your 6 Weapons that would cost you upwards of $480..

Tyrano

1 hour Kalspher Demo soon to be released for public BETA!
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
I like how everyone wants 20 hours or more of work for $50.00

I get that all the time when I am designing sites.

Him: (How much for a 50 page website, ecommerce, (tons other stuff) I give you the products you upload all of the data, and I need it in a week.)

I respond: $2500.00

Him: Holy crap I was thinking maybe $75.00 to $100.00.

Me LMFAO, dude get a clue
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 18:14 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2007 20:41
Well were all spoiled around here Jeremiah. People are used to getting packs for 10-20$(Keiths to TGC). Custom work for one client isn't viewed any different. I mean hey, since I can download a theme for some CMS for free why would customizing one, or building from scratch cost anymore then 100$

Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 19:32 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2007 19:36
Well, that is why it is called custom work. When you build something for everyone to buy, you are going to make your money selling it 10 or 20 bucks at a time. (But then everyone has the same thing and everything ends up looking the same) But custom means that only you will have that... ONLY YOU! This means orginality and it makes your site / project / game is that much more special and unique. I only use these packs that are provide for learning. When I decide to give it a wack and build my own game, I will create all of my own textures / models and sprites myself. (I might pay for a little help)

What everything boils down to, is PRIDE. Are you proud of yourself and what you have created (or even what someone has created for you) Is your dream really realized, or is just some pathetic carbon copy of everything else?

Seriously everyone, this stuff takes time and years of learning, how can you expect people to do 50 - 100 hours of work for 20 cents an hour?

<<Rant Over>>
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 19:49
I think what surprises me most about this is that someone hasn't jumped up and offered to do it yet. lol

You know the one I mean.... "Hey, I'll do it for you. Just tell me what program to use to model a sword."

Remember where you're at, people.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 22:38
I don't know how much someone would charge to make you custom weapons.I know it $60-80 for a custom character exclusively for you.
There are other factors involved such as whether you want the weapons exclusively for you or the modeler can sell them to everybody and if the modeler thinks there is enough demand to sell to others.
If you are expecting someone to make you custom weapons and/or characters dirt cheap you are going to be disappointed.
A4 Productions had two custom characters made and the were $80 apiece.
We are the luckiest people in the world on these forums.We can usually get stuff dirt cheap and you won't find stuff like this at these prices anywhere else.
But people charge quite a bit for custom stuff for a reason.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2007 23:48
Lol, I meant $50 each. $300 TOTAL.

Red Stone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 07:38
I can Make you sword 'n stuff, but im gonna need more detail on what your looking for (ex. Animation, texture, quality, ect.)

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 00:01 Edited at: 25th Apr 2007 00:02
It's a little bit of all of the above (except the dual firespot thing). Errant's not-so-secret recipe. Glad you liked it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:40:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:40:30