Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Player Profiling for basic DBPro coders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 01:37 Edited at: 29th Apr 2007 04:37
after taking so much from this forum, i think it is my turn to start giving a bit back, so i have made a tutorial on player profiling (making a profile and loading that profile, etc.)

the tutorial is in three parts and i will update the download on this post everytime i add a new part.

also, this tutorial is meant for users with at least some knowledge of DBPro (mainly in open to read and open to write commands) the rest is pretty basic, but as the i release more parts the coding will become a bit harder, but i will explain everything as much as possible

i hope you enjoy my first tutorial, please post your comments/sugestion and anything you dont understand

EDIT: also scratch the license i dont know why i put it there

EDIT: okay ive edited the tut and i hope it will be easier to understand this time

EDIT: here is a posted version:

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I downloaded it, read it, and I don't think it can be called a tutorial. A tutorial is made to explain things, whereas this just gives you code, it doesn't explain why that code was used, and stuff like that.

Work on explaining what happens more in it rather than just giving it out like a code snippet, you learn nothing if you're a newcomer from this.

Good luck all the same though!

sp3ng
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the tip, ill update it tonight and repost it again

sp3ng
Years of Service
User Offline
im judging by the number of views and replies that no-one really finds this useful, am i correct?

does anybody wish for me to continue this tutorial or send it to its death (*sob*)

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 18:54
Try posting it instead of making it a download, most people (including myself) don't like to download things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:30:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:30:50