Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FVF Version

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 14:43
Ahh, i spent like 10 minutes trying to decide where to post this -_- Sorry if this is the wrong forum :/

Im trying to read mesh data from a memblock. My problem is it seems data is arranged differently depending on the FVF version? The manual gives the data layout for 338, unfortunatly any mesh i try to use (be it loaded or made from a dbp primitive!) tells me its FVF is 274.
I can read out the FVF version, FVF size, Vertice count for the mesh and the combined size of all vertex data fine, but when i start trying to read the vertex data I get my problems. Unfortunatly, because im reading it how the manual describes for FVF 338 I dont know if my errors are coding faults or simply if the code would work fine for 338 but my 274's are arranged differently and its exploding on me. Anyone got a link to a page about the different FVF versions and how their data is laid out so I account for all the version? I would probably use a select statement on the FVF version i guess and read accordingly. Unless anyone knows a peice of code that works for all and reads all mesh data fine? Any info appreichated.
Incase anyone is intrested, heres the code i got down currently to read my mesh data:

p4 2.4ghz, 256ddr ram, Geforce4 MX 440
Innovate, redefine, recreate whats in your mind. It isnt fate, you decide, only you can cross that line.
kevil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 23:11
Well, the FVF format 274 has no vertex color data. So if you remove that it'll work fine. (But remember that U is then not currentmem+28, but currentmem+24 etc)

Kevil

Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 23:24
no colour data? hrm.. well, you see i realised that my problem probably was:

For CurrentMem = 12 to VDS Step FVFS

VDS being the total size of the data.... so VDS is technically the very end and thus my last iliteration was reading over its bounds. I replaced it with:

For CurrentMem = 12 to (VDS - FVFS) Step FVFS

to make sure it didnt try to read in that one extra chunk of mesh data and its been working without giving me any errors since.. but im still reading using the same 338 spec.. its reading fine.. but still says its 274.. so if its not got that amount of data (missing the colour var), what on earth is it reading in?!

p4 2.4ghz, 256ddr ram, Geforce4 MX 440
Innovate, redefine, recreate whats in your mind. It isnt fate, you decide, only you can cross that line.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:58:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:58:43