Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / KAISERTAL - Shmup - Downloadable wip demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 09:09 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2007 09:31
Hey ya,

I've put a new demo version of my shoot-em-up online. Check below for the link. If you got any comments or suggestions then let me know!

Cheerio
Manar

Some game information
- Vertical scrolling shoot-em-up
- Online ranking
- 2 Player Cooperative mode

Main website
http://www.kaisertal.com

Direct download link
http://www.zieners-hosting.nl/hailstone/kaisertal/kaisertal20070422.rar

And a few screenshots
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 16:40
seem nice ... DL in progress :p
Will try it later in the day

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 17:26
I played this a fair bit when helping testing and this new version certainly looks better but I think the playability factor has gone down somewhat. It just seems really annoying to play now rather than being quite enjoyable before. Now sure why though. Maybe the way it slows down a lot when you hold fire and then you suddendly fly off into a rock when you let go.

Anyway, glad to see you sticking at this project.

Boo!
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 17:40
Most impressive. I got up to the boss but didn't seem to be able to enter my name to continue. (i was connected to the internet at the time) I'll have another go later and tell you all about it.

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC
MaNaR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 20:25 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 00:40
spooky - i know what you mean, i was hoping the slowdown would be something related to my pc.
As for the slow down when holding fire; i'm thinking about removing that completely..

edit 1 - Removed the slowdown-firing
edit 2 - Improved frame rate (60 fps average)

Mr Tank - if you get to the boss then you should be able to enter your name, perhaps you accidently pressed No when given the option to enter. If it fails again, let me know
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 06:48
It appears that only the left CTRL key works when entering your name in the high score. I beat you Spooky.
Like i said before, this is really ace. There's a lot here that I'm envious of. The lightmapped level looks brill, as does pretty much everything else. Is the player ship texture lightmapped as well? looks great. The pace change was really nice prior to the boss fight, and the boss had great atmosphere. Great music throughout. Level one seemed to be too much about remembering what to do, but level two is frantic, unpredictable and twitch based, and just the right difficulty.
I like the idea of the ship slowdown when firing. It brings an extra dimension to the gameplay, and is a disincentive to just holding down the fire button all the time. Otherwise it may as well not be there at all. I found myself hammering it though- i'm guessing there's a "recharge" between each shot, but the slowdown only occurs when the button is depressed, so if you hammer the fire button at the rate of fire, you can fire just as fast, but not slow down as much. Perhaps i'm imagining this, but you should check that the slowdown continues whilst the gun "recharges"- ie one shot interval after the last shot was fired.
Anyway i can't wait to play some more.

SUPER BADASS SPACESHIP X: WEBSITE
FORUM TOPIC
MaNaR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 19:43
Thanks MrTank!

I've taken out the slowdown-while-firing for now, but reading your comments I guess fixing it is a better solution . I'll try your suggestion about recharging after a single shot
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 00:29
A little bug that crops up after playing a game or two is that the pick-able bonusus like the speedup and shield just don't appear. They only seem to appear on first game or so. You have to reload game to make the come back.

I was also doing really well on level 2 and then it suddenly popped up a message to say it was retrieving high score list and then quit back to the menu. Maybe it's just the end of the demo, but it would have been nice to be given chance to enter highscore table.

You may also want to know that forum links on your website do not work.

Boo!
MaNaR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 01:35
thanks for the comments Spooky!

about the website forum - are you using IE? I haven't tested it on other browers yet, so it might be buggy in Firefox for example.

The disappearing items after restarting sounds easy to fix, will look into that.

At the end of the demo (@ 30% of level 2) there should be a notification that the demo ended, and you should be given the option to enter your highscore. But I've seen this bug reported before, so i'll check it
AlexRiva
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 16:46
Just tried the game, and it's really good
I only would add more add-ons and extra weapons. The models and graphics are really well made especially the ships

I remember a game with the same name for Gameboy Advance, are you basing your game on it (I played it only once a lot of time ago, don't remember too much) ?

I found a minor bug: when the screen lights become red (ie when you loose a ship) and you press esc and go to main menu, the lights remain red.

Overall a solid game to start from , how many levels did you plan to do?

Visit my new website: http://www.maskedbear.com
MaNaR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 19:38
Thanks AlexRiva

Will look into those bugs! and add more weapons & add-ons.

About that GBA game; I actually worked on that graphics and game design. When we finished the game, the publisher (Xicat) decided to rename it to 'Invader', so the name Kaisertal wasn't used any more.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:29:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:29:25