Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Milkshape issues with RC105. May have a solution.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 21:31
Uh, so I'm spending all my time trying to get characters into FPSC, and I've now had success... only to discover another problem. It seems to appear that ANYTHING exported on Milkshape 1.7.9 using the direct x JT export will crash the editor.

Proof?

Exported character mesh - it crashes the editor.

If I then put the character into FPSC V1, its fine. So I then copied the DBO and BIN files out of V1 and put them into FPSC105. Now it works fine -as it's using the DBO and not the X.

If I then give the character a stock uzi, it runs fine. but if I give him a custom gun with a VWWEAP exported from milkshape, it crashes again.

If this isn't resolved, it's probably the end of my FPSC endeavours. yikes

Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 21:37
Quote: "If this isn't resolved, it's probably the end of my FPSC endeavours. yikes"
OMG!! no don't leave Butters
Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2007 22:27 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2007 22:28
Really? My meshes export fine. Here's a pic of my last character export (note I had to do some fittiling with Fragmotion to get the first bone at spot 0,0,0 so the character stands right, but I don't think that has an effect).

I'm not sure if the 'Stand at Position Offset' is nessasary, but that was what I had selected after finally finishing fiddling with it. I'm using Milkshape 1.7.10 though, rather than 1.7.9, that may have something to do with it.

EDIT: Doh! helps to attach the pic!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
wetekom
Years of Service
User Offline
@Airslide,
thank you for pointing this out. It kind of works for me, i.e. model & animation are exported and can be used in FPSC. However, regardless of what I'm doing, my model (for testing I used an imported .X character from FPSC itself) always appears stuck in the ground up to the knees!

Of course, I tried the various paramters in the FPE file (offy, fixnewy) and I made sure that the character's position appears right in Milkshape.

What did you mean by "I had to do some fittiling with Fragmotion"? Maybe I missed some important thing there?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:41:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:41:27