Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Gravity and good collision?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 08:47 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 10:23
Well, I looked in the collision resource, and all of the codes either didn't work for me (Not proper files and paths, I have a clean install of DBPRo), or don't work like I need them to.

The one I am using (
) works okay for walls, but automatically gets stuck and can't move without rotating if it hits a wall, and if it touches a floor, it won't move at all.

My gravity code is simply "Move object down 1, 0.1".

It would be great if people could help me get some nice well-working collision that works for the Y axis too, and doesn't lock the player's feet in unless it turns completely around.
EDIT:
Got a floor working!
I made this code for the floor:

This is odd - The floor collision works great, but the others do not. The reversed movement made a great solution for the floor. However, it sucks in the player if it is a wall.

So basically, I have the Y axis working, I need to get the Z and X axises running.

The Person99 awards go to: 1. Jack the Ripper for hardest crime scenes. 2. Peter Petrelli for most powers. 3. Superman for longest flight.
Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 17:35
try
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 20:18 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 20:18
Works good, thanks!

The Person99 awards go to: 1. Jack the Ripper for hardest crime scenes. 2. Peter Petrelli for most powers. 3. Superman for longest flight.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:15:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:15:32