Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Yet Another Shader Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 13:01
Is there some way to apply a shader, like say an HLSL shader as opposed to a .fx? Also, is there a way to apply it to only the screen's output and not to an individual object? I want to be able to do something like apply an HLSL shader to the screen and the whole screen and nothing but the screen.

Very much like the Night Eye shader on Oblivion, or more to the point, my thermal vision mod for the night eye shader, which really is just HLSL so it can be used anywhere that HLSL can.

Here's my shader. Feel free to use it if you want. You'll find the effect is quite convincing for most applications. It just kinda gets its colors backwards if you have some hot dark object like a cast iron pot in the middle of a snow field. But if you control the game's engine that should be easy to fix, just keep two sets of textures. One showing hotness by brightness and one that's the actual real colors.

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 23:24
I don't know much about shaders but to my knowledge you can only use .fx.

Maybe if you asked someone who could deal with DLLs, I'm sure there is a DLL for this, or someone can make one.

Cowbox

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:17:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:17:44