Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / A great source of royalty music

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2007 21:47 Edited at: 24th Apr 2007 21:55
(edit)
Sorry, I typoed the subject of this post... great source of royalty FREE music
(/edit)

I was wondering to myself where I can get royalty free music without having to pay exorbitant prices for the rights. Then I remembered Creative Commons. Archive.org is a great source for Creative Commons stuff.

Check this search out. Just a quick little search for royalty free rock I did.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=rock%20mediatype%3Aaudio%20AND%20collection%3Aopensource_audio

Not all of it really fits the definition of rock, but it's open source, creative commons stuff. So you can use it to your heart's content

Also, back in my youth, I used to make sound effects for Amiga games I was making with AMOS. You wouldn't know any of those games because I kept them to myself and a few friends. Anyway, I'm thinking of using those old skills and making a nice free sound pack for the DB and related communities.

No matter where you are... everyone is always connected.
DIGIROSS
Years of Service
User Offline
A great way to get some kick'n is the Acid Music program!

Mess with the best, die like the rest!
Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2007 00:11
Yes but not everyone here has any musical talent. I know I for one have only the most basic understanding of music... Sound effects I can do. Innovative code I can do (once I get the hang of a given language anyway). music... not so well...

No matter where you are... everyone is always connected.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:28:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:28:56