Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Attach Media not working properly?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 18:37
Ok, I've chosen to attach, and compress my media, and I've also added it through the media tab, however when executing my executable without it been in the default directory, it cannot load the media.

I mean there should be no need to use a full path, nor set the directory right? Isn't that why you compress and attach the media to the executable?

Error message recieved is "Runtime Error 506 - Could not load image at line 10"
Line 10 been:
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2003 21:00
i think patch 4 had something to do with this.

i compiled a game a while ago with attatched media and gave out copies to my friends - it worked fine.

i recently did some modifications and compiled it (with patch4) and the media is buggered up. The sound works fine but the graphics seemed to be missing/corrupt.
Dixan Anips old
Years of Service
User Offline
I have had a similar problem and it may be related.
If I put my load image statement anywhere after other code then it errors with the unable to load message. If I place the load image as the first line in the prog it works.

Rich, is this a known patch 4 problem or is there another cunning explantation for this?
Nilrem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 02:09
Oh I see, ok thanks for the responses, I thought it was just me, heh.

Lee, Rich?

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:37:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:37:33