Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 19:26 Edited at: 26th Apr 2007 19:32
i want to make videos with dbp but is there a pulgin
or somthing record a video into a video file like .wma

or is there any free windows software that will like print screen
but insted of using pics it would creat a video?

visit my site at
http://www.freewebs.com/necro023/
A Tea Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 21:02
to load a movie you type in:
load animation; "filename",animation number
to play it you type:
play animation to image; Animation Number, Image, Left, Top, Right, Bottom
u can even download parts of dvd's
if you want to learn more, go to HELP, go to INDEX, and put in Animation in the finder. after clicking on one of the animation commands, there should be a button that says animation command menu. you can learn anything you want about animations for darkbasic.

as for the movie maker, you can use windows movie maker to make a short demo from collected movie clips

what?
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2007 22:48
http://www.fraps.com

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.

Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 01:35
Sorry TeaSpoon, that's not what he's asking. He's wanting to take what's being rendered and turn it into a video that can be played back. Like all those video game videos on youtube.

Lavaman, you can use fraps as Big Man suggests, but it requires registration. If you want to do it without having to pay any money to get full features, you can try Windows Media Encoder. Although I do not recommend WME unless you don't mind the fact that you won't be able to transcode it to divx, xvid or the like.

Also, you'll need a dualcore or hyperthreaded CPU inorder to do this because otherwise it'll suck up too much of your CPU and you'll trash your framerate to absolute crap while the recording is occuring.

I actually used to run a live video stream of what was going on inside Second Life for Second Life's main webpage. Back then, I didn't have a dual core CPU, so what I did was I got out an ancient computer from the closet and slapped a cheap $25 TV capture card in it. Then I plugged my system's TV out into the other system's capture card. That completely offloaded the movie creation to the other system and let my computer render Second Life contentedly.

No matter where you are... everyone is always connected.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 01:47 Edited at: 27th Apr 2007 01:47
Quote: "Also, you'll need a dualcore or hyperthreaded CPU inorder to do this because otherwise it'll suck up too much of your CPU and you'll trash your framerate to absolute crap while the recording is occuring."

If you record at 320 x 240, A Pentium IV with a 4200 TI 128 NVidia will produce good results.
If you require a benchmark for an older system.
Also drop your computers screen to thosuands instead of millions for colours to get a little more frames.

However your games fps also dictates the speed of the fraps capture rate.
Ive successfully captured 60fps this from experience.
http://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/?i=1058632

You will need to convert the fraps codec with something like virtual dub if your on a zero$ budget.

Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 05:42
Unfortunately, Fraps is commercial, so it's not very useful for a $0 budget. it's been so long I've forgotten what the limitations are. It might just be plastering the video with "fraps.com" and preventing you from recording sound but I don't remember.

No matter where you are... everyone is always connected.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 06:24
30 seconds of recording with audio as demonstrated in the video above.
It adds a decal of the companies name.

I have yet to purchase it as well.

I took my fraps video and ran it through Final Cut Pro 5 after re compressing it to a much larger format and then down to h264.

However Virtual dub will allow you to do that component on a 0$ budget, as well as the 30 second limitation if your just testing it out.

dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 11:01 Edited at: 27th Apr 2007 11:02
I have a free one with no limits or adds, it dosent record the best of videas but when i put them through windows movie maker they seem allright. Ill try find it for you.

Edit: it is called autoscreen recorder made by wisbom soft.
Twu Kai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2007 14:27 Edited at: 27th Apr 2007 14:30
I just made a little movie using only Dark Basic Pro and "GIF Cunstruction Set". All I did was make a new camera, position and rotate it to the camera that is set to the screen. Then every 150th of a second, I set the new camera to an image, and I save that image. But each time I save the image, I add on a number to the end. So the first one would be "Myframe1" the next one "Myframe2" etc. Then I just used the GIF program to load each frame into it, and put them all together. I think any animation program like that would do. Here is the movie I made.

Hope this helps you.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 02:14
Cool gif movie, Twu Kai, I like how the player is an ipod. But capturing the image 150 times a second is way too much, 30 I think should be enough.

By reading this sentence you have given me brief control of your mind.
lava man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2007 07:24 Edited at: 28th Apr 2007 07:27
thanks guys it was exactly whet i was looking for

please visit my site at
http://www.freewebs.com/necro023/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:17:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:17:36