Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] SciFi Characters. Free Pack of 7 Characters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 03:36
Butters, I went to your developer media page and downloaded that fat guy model thingo (he looks awesome) but I need a password..?

big..hahaha..you said big!
solttu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 08:05
Butter Finger you makeagain great work
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 15:09
Underside,
I erased your sig.If you continue down the road you appear to be on you will end up getting banned for trolling.
If you no longer use FPSC and do not wish to be a productive member (or at least not disruptive) member of the community then please refrain from posting.
I am already getting tired of seeing it across at least three forums so far.
If you don't like FPSC that is your business and that is fine.
Just take your rhetoric elsewhere.

dfujis the rocker
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, im going to critical. the trooper sorta looked like a wireframe, you might not want tho outline all the edges.

famous last words: check this out
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 21:14
Butters - I'm not sure about the deformation, but this is what I did to keep my models from sinking in the floor. First, open it up in fragmotion. Then select the bone 'body1' or 'body' and move it to 0,0,0 using the cordinate thing on the right. Do the same with it's child limb. Then move body1 & child up in the display list, so it it above all the others (the display list being the list under the skeleton icon on the left). Export as milkshape, open it up there, then export as Direct X JT with proper settings and you're good to go

Dreadfully Despized
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 15:22
great work butters. sorry for my question. But what program to you use for your character creation? or programs. trying to learn myself. Beautiful work
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 19:40
he uses maya to model and milkshape to rig.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 19:45
I can only offer my appologies to those who cannot get this working. I sent the models to Disturbing13 so he could have a go at getting them update ready, but they still bugged out on him. If you're interested in downloading, have a go...it might work. If it doesn't I'm sorry, what with work and Contrast I'm not going to have time to re-rig all these.

With regards to dodgy textures on the troopers, I made that guy as a test, it was the first thing I rigged in Milkshape, and therefore was just a quicky. I figured someone would have a use for it though.

I'll do my best to get the loki bot sorted for the update, as it's by far the coolest, but the others might just be a bridge too far.

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 20:05
@Butter fingers- I did the object test and found out it is definitely the skeletons, the meshes are fine with no defects. So if you wish (in time, as I am just as busy,lol) I can rerig them and send them to you for redistribution. Just lemme know what's up.

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 18:27
THANKS a ton you could have so easily have just sold this but instead you gave it away for free thank you thank you

The world is complicated only people are simple
Sander Tiger
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, great pack, but a... I've read the manual and I tried a lot
but i can't make them attack, anyone tips?

Thanxx
Luciferia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 19:03 Edited at: 5th May 2007 20:35
still amazing work butters

saudi princess
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2007 21:05
This looks great - Many thanks!
Artificial Stupidity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 19:55 Edited at: 19th May 2007 19:55
Quote: "but i can't make them attack, anyone tips?"

Try putting them with a different script such as cover or chase and put their shoot script as "shoot" or "shootclose"

My head hurts
Gorilla
Years of Service
User Offline
THANKS Butter fingers...

Unga bunga HU HU HU
Fruitless CRUNK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 17:38
dude really join idsoftware doom4 needs you

i had to make a new account im no noob my old name was 300 win mag
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
nice butters.

JOIN NOW!Or be square!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2007 22:39 Edited at: 21st May 2007 22:57
They look great butters!

As most of the old timers know, I'm on dial-up, so the 20mb = 3+ hours for me. (I should have dsl soon though)

Quote: "the main com1 bone that resides in the pelvis"

Yup
Quote: "in the editor if you press enter all the character sink under the floor so it might be something with the y axis"

Yup

I haven't tried this on these (I didn't download) but it is what I had to do for a model in v1.05...
Change the first bone (body) to y = 0 before you export it out of frag to go into milkshape,just like Airslide said.
There's a tutorial about this by Disturbing13.

I see Butters found this two days ago...lol
The link might help anyway for the rest of you who haven't seen it.

cheers

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment
piXX3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2007 09:54
Woah, they look great! That's the good news.

The bad news was that I was getting all excited about using them in my new game, Renegade (http://www.ciphersoftware.co.uk/wip.aspx). It's about... ah well read about it on the link given. So I put them on the maintenance gantry, to watch over escaping prisoners from BS8 Space Station Prison. Now anyway, when I play the game, half of their bodies are sticking over the top of the gang plank thing, the other half below, so basically they've got skewered half way.

Now the obvious thing to do would be to go back and edit the level, and move the character upwards. So that's what I did. In the designer, he was in exactly the right place. To make sure, I selected him and pressed "Enter" to get him to stick upwards to the surface. And then I ran the game again. same error. So I edited it again and this time pressed Page Up and Page Down etc. to physically move him upwards a bit above it. Same error.

Any ideas? I'm afraid I've ran out of time now, but If you really need a screenshot I can get you one when I get back.

http://www.ciphersoftware.co.uk/

Your signature has been deleted by a mod. It hasn't really, this is just me trying to sound funny. My attempts are pointless.
ozmoz
Years of Service
User Offline
Veryyy nicceeee!
Nowdie
Years of Service
User Offline
so is the contest over..or is it still going because people some people cant get em to work

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:30:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:30:31