Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Question about bone animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone!!!
I have got a mesh animated and i wanted to know how i could do it so that his hands "lock on to the enemies" eg. devil may cry.. or his head looking towards the enemy...

getting better day by day
Lucy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2007 18:12
For the hands, you're probably going to need to implement an inverse kinematics scheme. As for the head part, I'm not sure. I haven't gotten as far as bones yet

Nothing I say is intended to be rude. My autism means that I do not know what is rude and what isn't rude. I apologize if I seem rude. It is not my intention.
toulis
Years of Service
User Offline
IK has nothing to do with it...
with IK you move the lower bone in the hierarchy and all the upper bones are positioned and rotated automatically.
the oppostite happens with FK..
my question is.. Can i make the hands and the head of the character point to the enemy???(and if yes, how do i do that?

chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 02:37
hello friends !! you can rotate any bone to point wher you decide all time...knowing that, you could put a hidden object in limb positions x,y,z and then make it point wher you want...then manipulate the correct limb to correct point...have a look to this code to see how we can udjust bones rotations manually.

oh my god

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 02:42 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 02:44
You could create the head as a seperate object an position it at the limb (much like you would do when attaching equipment) then point it at the object you want.

Edit: chafari posted while I was writing. Not sure how it works but it seems better then my idea.
chafari
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 15:44
Hallo Jerok...both method are good... I`ve used your idea many times in old dark basic as the models had separated limbs, but now...you can handle vertex by rotating limbs(bones)

Greetings

oh my god
toulis
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you all.. i'll try that later that day and check it!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:18:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:18:49