Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3D Action/Platfomer; Where to start?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everyone!

After I tried out some great examples and such, I can see that DBPro is quite a powerful program, much more powerful than DB Classic. I recently decided to try to make a 3D action/platformer designed around the same control formula of the Sonic Adventure series. However, where should I start with making such a control scheme of relativaly speeding up in a full scale 3D enviroment? How would timers work in this, if any? Code for such things would be welcome also.
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 05:30
Try looking at various things around the forums.

If you purchase DBPro, and don't use 3d, I'll have to shoot you.

Oh wait.
Quote: " to make a 3d action/platformer designed..."

Looks like your not the unlucky person that is going to get shot in the knee with a kerosene-powered desert eagle.

Again, run around the forums, look at all the threads in newcomers, take a look at the codes, ect.

If you want, I can send you a nice learning project code, that will teach you the basics of moving objects, cameras, collision, and basic limb control.
I will add REM comments to the code if you like.

The Person99 awards go to: 1. Jack the Ripper for hardest crime scenes. 2. Peter Petrelli for most powers. 3. Superman for longest flight. 4. "The Doctor" for best time travel machine.
Piggybank 123
Years of Service
User Offline
That would be very welcome Person 99, I could really use that help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:19:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:19:17