Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Getting models ready for X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys I have owned FPSC since V1.0 but have not done much with it for some flaws but I think I really would like to strive to start something with X10. I was thinking that it would be a good idea to make some customer Models etc. but I don't know were to start. I have 3DSMax through robotics at school I joined robotics to learn 3d Modeling so they let me put max on my home PC but then the Xfered me to Code because the kids in there were kinda dumb. But anywho I was wondering were I should start. I have used the tuts for max but its a pretty hard program to learn regardless. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Will
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 06:06 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 06:09
What school is that because thats illegal and I want to report them. The student version is so schools can have a licensed copy on each school machine, not the students home computer.

I'll be expecting a name/state/county/and address(or we'll be expecting you to fade into obscurity because we don't forget easy around here), so don't give me any bull about not having to tell. I'll call the school first of course to see if this is all true. I love VOIP ....never a long distance charge.....Then I'll contact Autodesk.

This wont get you in trouble...It's your instructors fault. They will never know who said what....Specially since I'm from a different state more then likely

Loc

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 08:43
lol, nice speech there Loc.

But that is true a student lisence is so that the school can teach there students with that lisence on there own PC's.
I've got Max 8 I got it for £199 pound of a friend that works for CodeMasters (Go to www.codemasters.com to show that it's a major game develeper) which is just outside the town I live in, and I have to pay for the lisence.

The Dup

P.S. If I were you I'd give loc the details SOON.

If only you were me... Then You'd understand.
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
Loc,

This is not a school copy its a copy that Autodesk donates to robotics, they were given 3 copies and had 2 computers were they neeed it so they gave me a copy for my home PC since everyone else on 3d had one from past years
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 21:53 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 21:56
But Autodesk didn't donate it to you right?...Thats what I want to address. Thats where it becomes illegal. The name and school location is all I asked for. I didn't ask you to explain it again. I usually get things the first time around.

I mean your the one that brought it all up. You know we are about piracy around here. It's not your fault (if your story is true), but that instructor needs to be hung(if your story is true). Imagine, a teacher of this nations young people showing them that stealing is OK. I think you can see the point here, so I'll still be needing that information.

PS: Just so ya know, You'll disappear before I ever drop this. I'm so offended a teacher would do this I refuse to let this pass.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 22:52
To be honest it sounds like he's downloaded it illegaly somewhere.

But of course that can be wrong and I hope it is.

If only you were me... Then You'd understand.
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2007 23:07 Edited at: 30th Apr 2007 23:13
Your right it probally was wrong but this teacher is a very good one to me and I don't believe in Piracy. So I won't be giving you the name, I uninstalled it from my PC returned the CDs to him and told him that its for in school use and he said he never meant for me to have it and that robitics had been missing it. The one who gave it to me was the Senior who is lead of 3D and he got his ripped by the teacher so I am going to invest in milkshape I truly did unistall it because im a aspiring coder myself and I don't believe in stealing others works. I'm not going to give you the info seeing as how it was a student and now the teacher is going to hold onto all the copies and I did not even join robitics this year due to Physics and AP gov so yea I am sorry Loc and thanks for straightening things up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 12:37:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 12:37:58