Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / First steps (part I)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi i have a game concept mapped out on paper, and in my mind. I would like to get started as soon as possible. I only have a basic knowledge of this program still, althoug i went through all the tutorials.
The first thing i want to do in my game is have a screen which displays the title, single player, vs, controls, and options. So that when the mouse highlights the text, the letters change color, and when the mouse clicks the text, it goes to a whole nother screen.
I know i should start with print and positioning the text, what do i do after that?
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 02:45
You could do worse than look at this thread:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=105191&b=7

All you need to do is use the same method, but make it mouse driven rather than keyboard...

TDK_Man

Shadow Star
Years of Service
User Offline
k im gonna do it menu based
the only thing i dont get, is when i press down more than 5 times it keeps going further down, even though there are no words to highlight. If i press up more than 5 times, then it rescrolls back to the bottom one. Any suggestions for the down key?

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2007 20:00
if downkey()=1 Then Inc Highlight: If Highlight=0 Then Highlight=5
if upkey()=1 Then Dec Highlight: If Highlight=0 Then Highlight=5

These both do the same thing. Try:

if downkey()=1 Then Inc Highlight: If Highlight=6 Then Highlight=1
if upkey()=1 Then Dec Highlight: If Highlight=0 Then Highlight=5

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply