Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Pacman Tutorial

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
A long time ago, I posted a Pacman tutorial which people were re-writing to make it 2D.

I don't have my original tutorial as my webspace became corrupt and I have been unable to locate it on any of my backup disks.

Is there still an interest in having a Pacman tutorial?

I am getting back into Darkbasic Professional again and was going to write a Pacman clone to get my hand back into it - I could generate a companion tutorial if the community would find it useful - otherwise I'll just plod on with the game.

I can't use "Scouseknight" login anymore so re-registered as Scouse Knight.
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2007 20:06 Edited at: 15th May 2007 15:02
Oh, well, this is ironic. In the time you've been gone I've written a Pac-Man tutorial as well. It's almost done and I've been using the strategy you explained to make it (writing the game and making a companion tutorial). I'm really sorry to ask this, but maybe it would be better to do a tutorial on a different game? I'm afraid two Pac-Man tutorials would confuse people and might just be more of the same material and would not help people if they found the other tut first.

Here's the link if you want to check it out, it was stickied but a few months ago.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=93103&b=1

I'm really sorry I didn't check out your old one before I made my tut, I could've done asteroids or something instead if I'd known.

Beyond this place there be dragons.
Scouse Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah cool then I needn't bother with the tutorial part.

I'll check yours out too - might pick some things up for my game along the way.

I've had a quick skim and it looks great.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 21:16:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 21:16:50