Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] Useful Threads for Newcomers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2007 22:29 Edited at: 30th May 2007 14:22
What follows is a list of threads deemed useful to newcomers. It's not an exhaustive list, but should get you started and well on the way to mediocrity.

Tons of Tutorial's for Newcomers! compiled in January 2006, the predecessor to this thread

Tutorial City, a link farm of many, many tutorials.

Massive Collision Resource - Compilation of All Snippets. Collison being one of the more popular quandries of the new coder.

TDK's Tutorials - and rather a lot of them, too.

The Newcomers Guide To Creating First Person Shooters by Ruccus, July 2005, periodically updated.

Massive Online Computer Role Playing Games Thread - not a technical thread, but answers to the questions everyone asks.

A Tutorial on Arrays by Sixty Squares, July 2006

A Tutorial On Functions, by Sixty Squares, August 2006.

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2007 23:45
Ummm... I've done a couple of tutorials over the years too!...

TDK_Man

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2007 10:11
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 04:33
Thanks Batvink!

I didn't put a link in a separate thread myself as I thought you were going to keep a comprehensive list in the opening post - like you see in other stickies.

Also, it's worth mentioning that even though my tutorials are on the DBC board, they aren't totally irrelevant to DBP newcomers - the core BASIC language is the same in DBP as it is in DBC!

So, if you are new to programming and have DBP, check them out - you won't be wasting your time...

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-26 22:58:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-26 22:58:24