Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Were to start for X10

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey getting ready for X10 I wanted to try to make some cool custom models for my game etc, but I wanted to know what software I should invest in and were to start learning it. Should I use milkshape, anim8tor , Gamespace light, or what? and then were should I look for support for the program you recommend. I own FPSC current version and before X10 comes out I would like to be able to model something and import it into FPSC a character would be my ideal goal but im not sure if that is stretching it. Anywho any suggestions are welcome and thanked

WIll
JroX
Years of Service
User Offline
I personally find Milkshape to be one of the easiest programs to learn. Been doing modelling and whatnot for a few years now, and it's really the only program which I've really stuck with over time.

I primarily choose Milkshape for character and weapon modelling however. I feel it handles this well. So far as architectural modelling goes, I've recently fallen in love with google sketchup, its super simple to learn and produces excellent results in minimal time. (There's a bit extra you'll need to perform however if you want to make your sketchup models FPSC ready.)

Programs I prefer not to use because of what seem (to at least me) too complicated: Blender, and 3ds Max. Keep in mind this is only my opinion, and I'm sure there are alot of users who utilize these programs with great results. I just personally remember the feeling of intimidation I had the first time I opened up Blender!

Hope this guides you in the right direction, good luck!

I feel like you're eyeballin' me, dawg!
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks, I have DLed the trial of milkshape but it seems like there is no really great place to start, any places you could direct me to were you started to learn? thanks

WIll
JroX
Years of Service
User Offline
Sure buddy.

When I first started using Milkshape, I read this tutorial which basically taught me everything I know about the program within itself. It will walk you thru the basics of getting to know both the Milkshape program itself, as well knowledge you will use in any other 3d modelling app.

Here's the link to the tut I followed, it's kinda boring in the first few sections, but what you'll learn from reading will become fundamental knowledge you're gonna need sooner or later:

http://www.josh.ch/joshch/tutorials/milkshape,welcome.html

It also walks thru the process of creating a human model figure, which I think is a great way to jump right in and learn, yet have something useful to show for it when you're done with everything.

Anyway, have fun, happy modelling!

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was too big
glyvin101
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks man I really appreciate it, you remind me of all the good people on this forum

Will
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
I am with glyvin101 on that... JroX you did a AWESOME on the tutorial on milkshape Thanks.
Artificial Stupidity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2007 17:50
does depend on what you are trying to do. If you are trying to be the next errant ai then milkshape is too basic. If you just want to make your own decent models then milkshape is perfect. Most people generally use milkshape.

My head hurts

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:40:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:40:35