Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Just rigged up a model but the gun is pointing down?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just rigged up a model in 3dsmax and seemed fine but when I exported getting my hopes up and all the gun was face down when he was holding it...also the animation frames seem messed up...

like walking would strafe and fall down

dying would make him appear to climb...

im using the original animation file from the fpsc web site and the

animation list file from an original fpsc character

so does anyone know why?

.....Guess who I am........xD
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 08:33
We generally frown on giving Max tutorials around here.Autodesk has an excellent support system and my understanding from those that use Max (I don't so I have to go by what knowledgable people tell me) that there are a lot of tutorials that come with Max.

SKULL MONKEY
Years of Service
User Offline
ok sorry...I just thought it mite have something to do with the BIP or the Entities file or something...sorry if I seemed...shrude

Mess With The Best...Die Like The Rest
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2007 14:31
if the gun is messed up you will simply need to rotate the firespot bone of the biped. That'll alter how he holds the gun.

If the animations are messy, then you are either exporting at the wrong frame rate, or your character has the wrong FPE. Find an easy to spot animation in Max, like the walk cycle with no weapons. Note down the start and end frames, then look at the FPE (anim2) and check they match up. If that doesn't work, then get fragmotion (free) and import your exported MAx mesh into Fragmotion, from there you can check the animations again, and ensure they are the same as the FPE. The advantage of checkin in fragmotion is that you will be able to check the animations post export, if the animations in MAX and Fragmotion don't match up, then you know its an export issue.

SKULL MONKEY
Years of Service
User Offline
ok...they dont match up!

I used the export setting on the fpsc main page...what could I be doing wrong PS Im using panda

Mess With The Best...Die Like The Rest
Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 15:13
First, do you using MAX version 8,9 or earlier? Because Max have some problems with exporting in X file in versions 6,7. Sometimes is all ok, but sometimes is not. But the common problem is the left-hand axis option in Panda x-porter. To correct this, after your model is finished (before rigging), try to Reset X form. To do this, click on Utility tab, and in the options bellow you'll have ResetX form button. With the model selected just click on it, and then convert it to editable mesh. This is kinda strange solution , but it helps me many times.
Good luck

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:28:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:28:34