Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Beer Chase (Media + Source Included)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 15:17
I was playing Beer Run a couple of days ago and I liked it, and I thought I'd try to make something similar, so I gave it a go, and just now I have Beer Chase.

You don't actually do anything much yet, you can just move around and explore. But the actual game engine is almost finished.

Screenshot:

I have copied some models from the original game, but don't worry, I will have them replaced soon.

For modders:
The game can be modded somewhat outside from the source code. So far you can only muck around with the levels. Level1.bcl is in the levels folder. Open it, and you will find lots of data that can be changed and a description for each piece of data. You can also go into the Level1 folder and find entities.ent, open it in notepad, and you will find lots of randomly placed entities, and a description at the top for what each parameter does. Might be a bit boring to change this bit around thought lol.

Also, in the source code, line 70, you will find Player data. The parameters are: size X, size Y, size Z, Mass, Thrust, Drag, Object, Texture, Sound (for gliding on the snow).

Collision is a little dodgy, but it works none-the-less.

Controls:
Up, Down, Left, Right to move (actually, down doesn't do anything just now lol)

Move the mouse up and down to get a good view of the mountains

And that's it really, I've attached the rar. Please leave comments and critisisms

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2007 17:09 Edited at: 6th May 2007 17:10
hehe, just tried it out. Looks and plays nice But as you said, there's nothing much to do in it right now, but from what I tried, it all seemed to work good.

Looking forward to see more from this!

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 7th May 2007 07:49
The games source code was made free, btw.
Keep up the good work though.

Cheers,

-db

What? You mean I cant sleep here???

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:19:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:19:58