Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Retexturing Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Question you can answer quickly, hopefully.

I'm just starting with FPSC, and I've had a go at re-texturing a segment. Wow, there's a lot to learn.

I chose Armoury Mid to retexture. The FPS file lists only two DDS images (which are listed in the script as TGA files--don't know why?!?). Anyway, I loaded the Photoshop plugin for DDS images, altered the images, exported them, and then built a room/corridor with the Armoury Mid segment. The changes came through, but I immediatly noticed that the Armoury Mid segment is actually using three different floor tiles and two different wall tiles, but they don't seem to be listed in its FPS file?!

So, question: Where is the full listing of images used for a segment? Has this something to do with the TGA file that I can't find? Some randomisation process is going on, I suspect, but I can't find it. Grrr.

I've performed a full search (including hidden files) for files such as "f_f_01_d2.tga", but to no avail.

Please help. Sorry if this is very noob stuff--I've worked real hard at getting this far and resisted the urge to ask for solutions that time and effort eventually gave to me.

Nathan

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:28:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:28:07