Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Aiko-Z: A Colonel-Z texture for Aiko

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 13:32 Edited at: 7th May 2007 13:33
Wraith Staff request this but anyone can have it.

I won't hog TGC's server space by uploading it again but if you want the texture you can find it here.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 13:53
Nice but i'm sorry to say you'll have to take down the d/l as the face is not moddifed and it looks like you've sampled from Colonel X's texture. Textures have to be heavily modified before you can distribute them. Netherless nice idea. Instead of making loads of threads for each texture you may want to have just one thread, or just make one big pack with lots of re-textures in

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 18:54
Why does it have to not look like Aiko? could you e-mail me the texture?

-Your Games, Your Media, Your Life-
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 18:56
These were okay: http://http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=105632&b=24 Why isn't this?

-Your Games, Your Media, Your Life-
tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 20:17
that links dead I can't follow it, You have to completely re-do the entire texture, very heavily modified (not using parts of a texture from colonel X too...).

Sorry but they are the rules round here.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 20:24
Tyrano man, thats utter rubbish. Scraggle can post it if he likes, he just cant sell it. So dont go around telling people false information.
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 21:15
Quote: "Tyrano man, thats utter rubbish."

Wrong. The entire of the texture bust be modified - I asked FredP about a retexture, and I couldnt release a version with the original face (I had to add face paint to it.).
It was a modern day US soldier..

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 22:00 Edited at: 7th May 2007 22:26
I have tried to find a license agreement for the media so that I can establish exactly what is and what is not allowed. The only license I can find is for games created with FPSC and that says that I can distribute the game for a fee or completely free of charge and either way totally royalty free.
In order to distribute the game, I would of course have to distribute the media along with it and in the absence of an additional license agreement for the media, I would have to assume that it is covered by the same conditions as FPSC.
Therefore, having purchased FPSC and additional media packs, they are now mine to do with as I see fit. It also suggests that I can, if I so desire, distribute any media from FPSC free of charge or even sell it.

Now that seems wrong to me but that is how I interpret the license agreement (perhaps it needs revising?) . I can't find anything contrary to that but it seems a lot of people are adamant that the media cannot be distributed in any way. To these people I say please show me where it says so. I am not saying you're wrong. I accept that there may be a license for the media somewhere that I can't find, but until proved otherwise I can only accept what is written in the license that I have.

Like I said, there maybe be something I have overlooked, so I have removed the download but unless someone can give me a definitive answer (and by that I mean produce a license agreement) then I will continue to believe that I can do whatever I like with the media.

gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 22:12
Scraggle, if it'll help you can use the face from this Aiko re-texture I did a while ago.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=70479&b=24

Very nice job of re-texturing BTW, the trousers are particularly impressive - there's some nasty UV mapping to contend with there IIRC

Cheers

- Graham

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2007 22:17
Changing the face is not a problem, I could do that if it became necessary. I just need someone to prove to me that I have to.

Thanks for the offer though

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Scraggle, it's not a license issue so much as a forum AUP issue.

Nice work and well intended though. Hopefully this won't discourage your kindness.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 01:11
I remember emailing Richard about uploading fpsc edited media, he told me that models are not allowed to be uploaded, ven if edited, but re-textures are fine. So I dont know why you all think Scraggle cant upload his re-texture. Its what I have been told by Richard, not some thing I have made up.

Ive also just checked the AUP for this issue and found nothing stopping any one giving out free textures.

Any way, what use it a UV map without the model? It would take too long to cut out parts to use in any thing else anyway.

Well if a staff member says its not allowed, then I think a rule needs changing as I think its quite dumb.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 01:16
Scraggle, e-mail Lee or Rick and see what they say. They should be able to give a definent Yes or No.

Errant - This is a little off-topic, but did you get my e-mail? Haven't gotten a reply...

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 09:25
Yeah I think the rule is a bit strange but it's one of freds; and it's up to the mods what the rules are

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 10:56
Quote: "it's not a license issue so much as a forum AUP issue."

The only thing in the AUP that could be relevant is this:
Quote: "1.4 Do not redistribute our file collection without express written permission"

But as I pointed out above, the only license I can find suggests that we all have written permission to do just that. If TGC don't want that to happen then perhaps the EULA needs to be reviewed.

Quote: "it's up to the mods what the rules are"

No, it isn't. It's up to Richard Davey what the rules are. The mods are there to enforce them.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 16:39
Quote: "it's up to the mods what the rules are"
No, it isn't. It's up to Richard Davey what the rules are. The mods are there to enforce them.
This is not totally correct for two reasons...
Richard Davey,while still around,technically does not do this anymore...in case anyone missed it he moved onto more blessed realms.I believe the honor would fall to Rick Vanner now.
Also...
We as mods can make up new rules if we feel it benefits the majority of forum members.But that is a rarity.
Your best bet is that if you have any questions regarding the legality of something to do with TGC products is to e-mail Rick Vanner.
Which is what I am going to do right now...

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 17:42
Then I eagerly await your response because the EULA as I interpret it seems to allow far too much freedom with the media. If TGC are happy with that, then much respect to them but somehow I think that either I have overlooked something or the EULA needs to be revised.

I would very much like some clarification on this.

tyrano man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 18:46
Well I always new this was inplace before; but maybe things have changed; and we will see. If they have I am sorry, and was just trying to protect TGC.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2007 18:52
It's alright...we'll just wait for Rick's response.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:44:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:44:00