Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Free website desgin and creation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys. Hope you're all having fun finding out about DB. I realise that you're all busy making great games, so if you need a website, just send me an email and I'll design and create one for you. visit http://www.cybersector.cjb.net for more details. Your website will be completely free and bannerless, and I will host it for you as well. Keep up the good work, guys!
- Battleaxe
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 15:59
why?

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2003 20:48
O_O I'll do it too... no hosting though...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 02:58
hell, dont ask why its a free site

Sup Kids
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 05:27
O_O You don't like my website haXor... *tear*...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 11:05
The reason for my question is this...if you do something for nothing (or very cheaply) to show the world what you can do, you'll find it very hard to get people to pay you to do the same later on. I learnt the hard way.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 23:57
O i wasnt sayin it was bad at all, im sayin take up the offer b4 they change there mind. lol if I had a game that actualy did somthing, I would take u up on it.

Sup Kids
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 04:02
Quote: "The reason for my question is this...if you do something for nothing (or very cheaply) to show the world what you can do, you'll find it very hard to get people to pay you to do the same later on. I learnt the hard way."

o_O I think you got that a lil backwards... people who do good things for free usually get requests when they start chargeing...

Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 08:09
Uhhh, I have to agree with DarthPuff. No offence StevieVee, but if he gets more experience from website design, thats a good thing, & if he gets enough experience that he can sell the products, all he has to do, is never tell people that he ever gave them away for free. Most people who are looking for webpages, are small companies, rather than individuals, even though individuals, will ask for them, they will get them done, but they will have to pay going rates.

If he gets to be really good at it, then some larger corperations will go to him to get theirs done.

I had a friend, who did a few webpages & got payed for them, he is on this board, but I will not give out his name, unless he steps forward. He got payed $500 per page, from what I can recall, & he did 5 pages. He offered to do a webpage for me, so I took him on it, & he may even help with a few of my games.

He is really popular on the A5 board, but he isnt there anymore.

I do wish to wish Battleaxe, good hunting in his webpage design career, but if you cant make it, just stick with game production.

Might I make one last suggestion, get your site listed with google, it should be free, my site is, but it is rather sensitive for what you put for your search keywords, so just put website design or something, or make your descriptiong describbing different things, like all your company will provide, & it may work.

And a tip is, dont name the business after your name, that turns off buyers, & is not proffesional. I dont try to make my websites too proffesional, but more to the liking of what everyone seems to like, so I am just making my theme for my page dark, with black, & 3 or 4 shades of blue. Of course, some businesses like theirs to be solid proffessional, so do what they ask.

Im going to shut up now, & go start working on my code, all by myself, with a few friends on MSN IM.

Later,

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 09:27
Mine is purely comical... =\ You'll see if I ever get done with anything...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 10:01:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 10:01:44