Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Please help with decals. IF YOU HELP THERE'S SOMTHING IN IT FOR YOU!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2007 13:56
please help, whenever I make a decal with ExGen and import it into fpsc, It shows 2 of the same decals when I only placed 1, if you help I will give you some of my decals that I made.

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
Saint Areon
Years of Service
User Offline
I dont work much with decals but I think it might be the overall image size you are using. Try taking a look at the DSS for the decals that come with the software and analize the image size. When you create your decals, make sure the image size matchs to FPS requirements, the decal doesnt need to be re-sized, maybe just the image; use a solid black backgroud or alpha channels as the fill around the decal. Just try it and let me know if it works ; it is just a guess btw.

Saintareon
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2007 19:27
If ExGen can chop up the decals into individual images (or you can do it manually) you can import them into Decal Maker and it will export the entity, decal, and all for you. It automaticly resizes each frame to fit FPSC's default setup. Currently a trial version is aviable here, with a full version coming soon:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=105999&b=24

It might save you some valuable time, however it does nothing you couldn't do manually, it just does it alot faster.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 18:51
k thx, but my fpsc is totally screwd, it word load and I tried to uninstall and then reinstall but it says catastrophic error.

go to:
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 20:00
Try backing up your custom stuff, uninstall, go into the directory and delete EVERYTHING, and re-install. There are somemore complicated things you could do but try this first.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2007 22:39
I tried that it, it won't install.

go to:
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 09:23