Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Texturing models

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 02:56
Ok so I loaded the models that I want and I want to texture them. I think I have the right bmp's to do it, but what are they suppost to look like in the file itself, cuz there are a lot of other files with it. O, and btw no its not my model, I downladed it off some site just so I could get the hamg of mocing it around and stuff. So how do I go about texturing it? Thanks for the help.
~haXor
Sup Kids
Codingallmylife
Years of Service
User Offline
the texture should look like somones taken your object and unfolded kind of like a net. all you have to do is look for the right texture its normall a Bitmap and will look like your modell unfolded if the object has been textured some objects don't have textures that can be opend in DB and you might have draw your own in paint

easist way to demenstarte texture is to take something simple so lets creat a cube

Make object cube 1,100

there is our cube. i have a plain bitmap (.BMP) created in paint which is just simple red and black stripes now i want to add it too the model first i put the bmp in my progect folder for this demonstration i will call it "stripes" so first we load the bitmap.

Load image "stripes.bmp",2

notice the number i add at the end much like loading a model. i have called it 2 to ilastrate where each number goes in the syntax of the texture command you could call it 1 so it was texture one of object 1 .now we have to add our texture to our cube

Texture object 1,2

this simple textures object 1 with texture 2. so there we have a textured object very simple. it dosen't have to be a bitmap it can be any picture format ie .Jif

haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 23:44
ok I got it now, thanks

Sup Kids

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:59:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:59:29