Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I am new here...please help me!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 07:33
Hello, I've had DarkBasic for a few months now, and I'd like to know how to create 3D people. I've read and re-read the manual many times, but I am still clueless. Any assistance would be appreceated.
There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his
PokeSmot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 07:56
to create 3-d ppl you need either a freind thats an artist, to scour the web looking for free material, buy darkmatter, OR (the funnest one) demo some 3-d graphix progz (3d canvas and 3dmax are good starting points) decide which one u like best and buy it!!! DarkBasic is where you will manipulate and give behavior to the 3-d graphix not where you create it. aside from making 3d objects like cubes and cones and what-not. Good Luck!!!
Skybax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 08:53
So...is there no other way to create people on DarkkBasic without buying other programs?

There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors, and no slave who has not had a king among his
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 09:17
you could build a person up with code for sure but it would be easier to perform this requirement inside a 3d package.

anim8or is a freeware 3d package. some love it some hate it.

Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 10:16
I'm one of the haters...

AMD Athlon XP 2100+ OC to 3Ghz/1.5gigs ram/128mb ti4200/120gigs hd/19" monitor/Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum EX/3072kbs Sat Con... I joined in!
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 15:10
Lol I like milkshape. 20 Bucks and gets the job done

www.milkshape.com

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
DemonicPeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh and if you are truly a newb, use this piece of code to implement to the model into your application, where person.3ds is your models and persontexture.bmp is your textures

load object ''person.3ds'',1
load image ''persontexture.bmp'',1
texture object 1,1

Genious is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.
demonicpeon@yahoo.com
Skybax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 20:11
Yes, I am a true Newbie.....*hangs head in shame...* The only thing I've been able to accomplish was a matrix (It took me two months to figure it out. I'm still a bit confused about 3D ppl and models.... :-s

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 20:35
You dont have to hang your head in shame, all of us were newbies at one stage. There's plenty of free 3d modelling programs floating around. Indi already mentioned Anim8or, there's Wings3D, Truespace3.02 is being given away with a lot of comp mags at the moment, the list is endless. However, learning how to model will take more time up, and while it is useful to know how, you can always take the easy route and ask other ppl to do models for you

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Megaman Zero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2003 21:17 Edited at: 21st May 2003 21:19
I agree with RPGamer, MS3D is the way to go. I was a complete noob for a while in modeling programs, & when I fist tried MS3D, I was a hater, but then I worked with it a long time, & I can make some nice models now.

Worth the $20 I speant for it, I am satisfied with it.

I wouldnt go with Anim8or, I tried to work with it for 2 months, & I got nowhere in that 2 month period, so you could say I am one of the haters for that.

If you have $3000-$4000 to burn, I would go with 3D Studio Max though, its a hight end modeling package, that can do just about anything.

Oh, & RPGamer, the link you posted for milkshape 3d wasnt the right link, it even downloaded a lot of addware to my computer just now. I will post the real link to it now...

http://www.milkshape3d.com/

Skybax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2003 07:22
Hmmm......

Skybax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 01:52
Can you make trees in DarkBASIC? How would I do that?

Whisper Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 02:04 Edited at: 25th May 2003 02:04
Just create a cylinder (This can be accomplished by creating may spheres and sticking them on top of one another) and a large sphere to stick on top. You can color them by using the color object command. Or if you want a really flat looking tree a couple of rotated plains and a texture made in MS Paint.
Skybax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 06:03
:-s I'm having a difficult time loading .X files onto my matrix. I also created a cylinder "tree" that I can't seem to put in my matrix...please help me!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:52:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:52:11