Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / problem on colouring objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've made a test object on 3d studio 8 max. Then i've converted the file test.3ds into test.x via Jourdan's 3ds Converter. Then i made the entity using the fps creator entity maker. when i open fps creator and put the test object it apears colored(but very shiny) but when i run the game it apears grey. Can anybody tell me what to do to make the colours apear And also put it less shiny.
i've looked in the forum but i haven't found anything (i'm new here).
Thks.
FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
iv only just started importing models to fpsc.
shiny - do u mean bright grey in editor dark grey in test game?

sounds like a prob i was having not 2 days ago

if your using MakeEntityFromXFile (from the DL page) you need to use the 3D texture file that was created when u made the .3ds
as the .x files created are linked to it. just pop the 3d's texture file in with the .x in the user folder.

not sure if this is correct, make entity asked for the texture file i dont type nothing just hit enter to bypass it, yet my textures seem to be fine now.

hope this helps

P.S
user smitho told me to make entity (dynamic) that solved another texture prob iwas having

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:45:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:45:58