Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Converting the model packs!?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2007 20:13
Hi there. I own some of the FPSC model packs and was thinking of using some of the items in DBC. I have tried importing them in to a couple of modellers so that I can convert them and look at their frames of animations, but can't get them to import correctly.
Has anybody here got experience with loading the files in any modeller? I would preferably like to load the .x models and import the animation frames as individual models, as-well-as the textures.
Any help would be greatfully appreciated as natively the models will load in DBC, but untextured and un-animated, which makes them useless. Thanks in advance for your help and time.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2007 03:17
Only thing I'm aware of that imports the animations is Fragmotion. It's a very cheap application.(I'm sure there are others though.) Airslide uses both FPSC and DBP, so your best bet is to hope he chimes in.

Hope this helps
Loc

Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the models will load in DBC, but untextured and un-animated"

Yeah, animation and textures need to be programmed seperately in DBC/DBP. I'm not sure about this, because I use DBP, but load the model using the LOAD OBJECT command, then position it, then use the LOAD IMAGE command to load the texture for the model, then use the TEXTURE OBJECT command on the FPSC model you loaded with the LOAD OBJECT command.

Example of what i'd do:

As for the animation, i'm not sure. Try using the PLAY ANIMATION command on the loaded model and see what happens.

[center]
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 11:30
Quote: "Try using the PLAY ANIMATION command"

The PLAY ANIMATION command is for playing a movie file that you have previously loaded. The command you want is PLAY OBJECT objNum, startFrame,endFrame

You can find the startFrame and endFrame variables from this list:

... of course this is for DBP and you are asking about DBc. I don't know if it uses the same model format as DBP.

As for loading the .X files into a modelling program ... FPSC models are saved as .x binary. First you will need to change them to .x ASCII. Part of the microsoft DirectX SDK has a converter that will import the .x binary file and save it as a .x ASCII file. From there you can import it into 3D Object Converter and save it as pretty much any file you care to mention and then you should be able to import it into the modeling program of your choice.
There is also AccuTrans, a very affordable object converter.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 19:06
Good information Scraggle, glad someone could step in for him.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:35:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:35:16