Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Direct X 9.0c Troubles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I know that lots of people have posted requesting help regarding their version of Direct X 9.0c amd DBPro. I have updated my version of Direct X several days ago in order to get dark basic pro to work, however it is still popping up with errors saying I have an incorrect version of Direct X.

When running the online setup it skips through the installation stage, simply saying that the components are installed and ready to use.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
A Tea Spoon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 21:59
do you have online or boxed version?

What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?
GatorHex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2007 22:40 Edited at: 17th May 2007 22:44
You need the latest release

Upgrade DBP to 6.6/1.066

Upgrade DirectX to the latest version
Note! THERE ARE MANY VERSION OF DX 9.0c!!!

My dyslexic brain always confuses DX 9.0c feb 06 with DX 9.0c feb 07!

Maybe you have a similar problem?

Also upgrade you graphics card drivers to the latest version too because if you don't you may get weird graphics glitches.

http://www.KumKie.com http://bulldog.servegame.com
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Pyros89
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I am actually running the trial version, wanted to see how the software worked before I invested my money in it. Unfortunately this rules out updating the software.

As to my version of Direct X, as I said, I ran the online DX installer to no avail, so I am basically running the latest version available.

Thanks heaps for your help.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2007 17:05
Quote: "I ran the online DX installer to no avail"

That's why I gave you the link to the full install download!

What does that say when you install it?

And also, the trial version could very well be a good few stages behind the current retail version and as such not work too well with newer versions of DirectX.

Regular users of DBP (which I'm not) will probably be able to give you more details on that side of things...

TDK_Man

Rampaging AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2007 17:57
Hi! Just thought I'd add that I had this problem (DBPro online, XP MCE 2005, ATI Radeon 200m) and I also tried the online installer with no success. I followed the link by TDK (the post begins 'DirectX 9.0c April 2007' and one download and install later the problem has gone away! Thanks TDK

Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life - Michael Sinz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-26 22:46:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-26 22:46:33