Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / has anyone else had this problem on custom mod imports

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok to start 2 pics then my question

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 00:38 Edited at: 19th May 2007 00:59
hmm not accepting 2nd pic
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 00:55
"And the answer is:"

Buffalo in the spring time!!!

Just because you see the problem, not sure how we're supposed to know. With the textures showing no actual definition, I'm sure others much like myself, have no idea what we're looking at. The back of a train with a stopper maybe? No idea....ask the question and you'll get allot better responses.

Loc

FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline

ok thats a .x code of a track with all the numbers removed

il try and make sence here.

all textures from each save start as material / 01 02 03 etc on 3d modeler
all the models i have made are put into seperate folder so there is no confusion (overwrite same name file)

yet for some reason when i test game the textures kinda go random or fpsc paints whole model with 1 texture.

only thing i can think to prevent this is edit the actual .x file
example ''materi01.jpg'' to a renamed texture and all lines related to texture ''Frame Mesh02_Materi01 '' SI End of the Object Mesh02_Materi01,,

is this common practice or is there a simple way to solve this ??
i was told to make all models dynamic it worked for a while but since my user folder a grown a file tree its gone a lil crazy.

any advice or tip will be great.

thanks
X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 00:56 Edited at: 19th May 2007 00:58
2nd pic is a download php file

FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
Locrian lmao ,,, i was posting the question as u posted m8
FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 01:01 Edited at: 19th May 2007 01:01
attempt for 2nd pic ,, ok it uploaded

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 01:04 Edited at: 19th May 2007 01:05
To use multiple materials(which isn't a good idea for something like this anyways as it's a drain on FPSC like a big dog) you have to set the item to dynamic. The x file should also have the information in it during export from your modeling application, telling each "material" you want to use.

In your FPE for these items you would then leave the line blank that asks for the texture. This would force FPSC to revert back to the .x file to know what polygons of this mesh had what material applied.

Again though you really only want to use this technique on something like a gun or a character that needs a lot of detail and has to be dynamic already. You'll bog down FPSC fast trying to have a game full of these kind of items.

Good luck though
Loc

FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
cheers m8

i know what you mean about killing the engine
i kinda useing that scene for opening of game and basis of story (no fighting)

Quote: " In your FPE for these items you would then leave the line blank that asks for the texture. This would force FPSC to revert back to the .x file to know what polygons of this mesh had what material applied. "

do i have to edit the fpe, as i allready leave the texture path empty in "" make entity from x "" app ?

beers allround
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 02:37
No you shouldn't have to. I never use those programs and always use a template to do mine by hand. Those apps make the process slower IMO the way I'm set up.

Can I ask why your doing it this way? Is there some reason you wouldn't have all this on 1 map? Are your items not really UV mapped, and just a collection of shapes or something?

FPSnut
Years of Service
User Offline
im being lazy.
i make a texture map and up decide other texture look better , i.e a rust metal map with areas of a concrete map , hassle of a remap for each item gets boreing and if you make a map to big its a waste of space for unused tile from map. (lazy i know) i guess i was hopeing for a work around lol .

as for game iv kinda split it into story and battle areas with a few sound zones triggering coms msg to pull it all together.
rich story zones and all out hectic battle zones is the idea

time to trawl though a 1000+ textures to make maps ( my fear )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:35:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:35:19